New to turbos need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dixonsi

hey guy im new to the honda seen and i cant make up my mind between a swap or turbo. i need help to make up my mind. thanks if you guys help me i know that i will ask alot of questins that have already been asked but please bear with me. 1st i know that there is a tread that has been posted about ebay turbos but i found one that lookes good will you guy take a look at it for me and tell me what you think. its the t3/t4 kit on ebay for the honda civic si its like $8oo and it looks good but does it come with every thing that i need? Plus what is a good safe boost that i should run at and what is the highest i can go? i no i should tune it but do i need a chip or piggey back? or could i just slap it on and go? could me and a friend put it on and how long should it take? how much hp/tq should i get from this set up? thank you your help and like i said sorry for asking the same old question.

yes same old Q. ahh i say turbo, cause its fun, but an engine swap could give you some better #s depending on what you are willing to do.

you need to tune the car... what your hp # and how many psi you run depends on what turbo.

the ebay kit is shit.. ssautocrome. no good... it can work but you need to get just the right amount of oil to the turbo, and the manifolds will crack unless you suport them. the bov and wastegate are chinese nock offs and i have no prob with that cause they normaly work good... go to

Homemadeturbo.com and read alot in the faq dont say i know you see the same old q cause they tell you ta fuck off. read and learn

hey guy im new to the honda seen and i cant make up my mind between a swap or turbo. i need help to make up my mind. thanks if you guys help me i know that i will ask alot of questins that have already been asked but please bear with me. 1st i know that there is a tread that has been posted about ebay turbos but i found one that lookes good will you guy take a look at it for me and tell me what you think. its the t3/t4 kit on ebay for the honda civic si its like $8oo and it looks good but does it come with every thing that i need? Plus what is a good safe boost that i should run at and what is the highest i can go? i no i should tune it but do i need a chip or piggey back? or could i just slap it on and go? could me and a friend put it on and how long should it take? how much hp/tq should i get from this set up? thank you your help and like i said sorry for asking the same old question.

Definetely stay away from the eBay kits, no matter what they say they are capable of or will do.
As for the other questions, most people will tell you that 6-10 psi is safe on a stock motor depending on what it is, how many miles, how hard its been driven, etc.. If you have high mileage you will want to look into a new clutch, maybe a rebuild. If you are going to rebuild just do it right the first time and buy nice forged internals, it will pay off in the long run when you decide you want more.

you willl make more power with less money with a turbo

Personally, I would put my money into a ls/vtec or something. I just got done doing a turbo build on my miata and the cost really adds up in a hurry, especially if it is done right. And the ebay "kits" really are too good to be true. I wonder how many are sitting on peoples shelfs somewhere. The true beauty of the honda is the swap.

well let me put it this way my brother is getting a 3.5 in his 95 4th gen max and it is going to drop him in to the mid to high 13 i dont like being the slowest one in the group i also run with a gsx and a sr20 240sx im not the slowest right now im = to the gsx and my brother. but the gsx has got a lot of mods to put on and after that he will run 13's i have got to do the same. and if a motor swap will do that for me for under $1500 then ill do that but i dont think it will that y i was told to go turbo i need a lot of help b/c im neew to all of this thanks

1,500 bucks will get you a turbo if you piece it together. You can't really buy a kit for 1,500. DEFINETELY check out homemadeturbo.com.

DIY turbo kits are not hard to build for cheap if you know what you are looking for, and you know what you are doing. If you don't know anything about what you are doing, you will A) spend a lot of money on garbage, B) spend a lot more money on a decent kit and someone to tune it for you, C)Spend a little money and blow your stuff up... read up and learn a bit. That is the best thing you can do.

Or buy a used turbo setup and get the previous installers phone number.

that was just a quick search there are sevral sites that sell them with intercoolers for the same price with everything you need to bolt it on

Wow, they are also selling the B series kit for $1750. Thats not bad. I need money. I should turn to crime instead of teaching.....

hmm a 15g.. well i guess i was thinking more for myself lol i would want something bigger. but hey, point made lol

what is the best advice you can give some one on buying a kit

If you get that kit with the 15G you can always just use it to get you up and running and swap out for a Big 16G or even a 18G with VERY lil modification.

But the answer to the post: BOOST :)

Back