New toda package for k20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

57 and a half wheel hp for $2350? I'd take it if I wanted to stay N/A. :nod:

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 16 2004, 01:16 AM
57 and a half wheel hp for $2350? I'd take it if I wanted to stay N/A. :nod:

heck yea. In a b-series, that amount of power NA would cost you 5k plus. You would need new pistons, probally more displacement, cams, springs, valves, retainors, lots of pnp work, hytech header and a few extra little things.

Plus toda says that you keep your stock drivability (probally idle is still stock)

The K series still has alot more power left in it that has not been discovered. Price just needs to come down, as well as mount kits and this will become the new swap to have

True the price isn't bad considering the gains, and it's still cheaper than other engine kits and this one has proven results. :)

k-series are bad ass motors.

its just a shame that they come in bunk-ass cars

:withstupid:

I'm startin to like the new Si... seen a couple around in silver and black, and I'm realizing the real potential behind the K20a motors...

How comparable is that 57.5 whp gain for 2350 to a say 8x.x whp gain out of a 3500 turbo kit on say....a....b16a2? :ph34r:

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 16 2004, 01:32 AM
:withstupid:

I'm startin to like the new Si... seen a couple around in silver and black, and I'm realizing the real potential behind the K20a motors...

How comparable is that 57.5 whp gain for 2350 to a say 8x.x whp gain out of a 3500 turbo kit on say....a....b16a2? :ph34r:

the SI and the RSX have diffrent engines. Actually it is the heads that are diffrent. The SI has a DOHC head, but it only has VTEC on on cam bank (believe it is only intake) while the RSX has VTEC on both intake and exhaust

I thought the Si and RSX base had the same k20a2 engine? At least thats what B said in a thread a while back. I know the Type S has the a3, and VTEC on both cams...does the base have i-VTEC like the Si on just the intake cam
?

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 16 2004, 04:09 AM
god damn

thats pretty fuckin impressive

:worthy: Toda

and that is not even touching the bottom end. They have Compition pistons that give you 12.9:1 compression with there head gasket. No word on the gains

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 16 2004, 04:09 AM
god damn

thats pretty fuckin impressive

:worthy: Toda

and that is not even touching the bottom end. They have Compition pistons that give you 12.9:1 compression with there head gasket. No word on the gains

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 16 2004, 12:41 AM
I thought the Si and RSX base had the same k20a2 engine? At least thats what B said in a thread a while back. I know the Type S has the a3, and VTEC on both cams...does the base have i-VTEC like the Si on just the intake cam
?

They do have the same engine but it is the K20a3 as opposed to the K20a2 in the type s rsx and the K20a in the JDM type r.

k-series are bad ass motors.

its just a shame that they come in bunk-ass cars

Whats so bad about the cars?

they are alot heavier, crappy style suspension, way too big. Put it this way, the new civics are bigger then the accord was 10+ years ago. Honda's not the only one. The corrola is much bigger then what the camery was 15 years ago.

I don't see what the big deal of the weight is, the new Si is only 1000 lbs heavier at 27xx lbs than 99-00 Si's which weigh in at something like 26xx lbs. I know 1000 lbs is a difference maker, but the added torque from the k20a keeps the times within reason from the 99-00 Si models.

Back