New Toy Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Alright, so the divorce is about to be finalized and I have an overwhelming need to buy something stupid.

I'm looking for something used under 30k or new under 80k. The used car will probably have more put into it.

Stuff I've been thinking about:

1) 2001 S2000 with glass rear window. (Or Mikes 03 *shrug*)
2) FD RX7
3) MB 507 edition C Class
4) Audi RS5 (although that grill pisses me off)
5) New Corvette

So the used stuff is likely going to have more money thrown at it later on.

Here are the things I'm looking for:
1) Fast
2) Low body roll, and not just a straight line monster.
3) No Mustangs, No BMWs
4) Comfortable for cruising long distances. (Magnetic Absorbers are fine, as long as I don't get launched into the ceiling for having the audacity to drive on a bad road in Dallas)

Looking for input, no wrong answers here, just want a legit fast and fun toy. This will be in addition to my '13 civic.

Last edited:
New Corvette is my vote.

Dunno why, but the Lingenfelter just rubs me the wrong way. I'm basing this purely on memory, but I've always felt that car was just a straight line speed demon that breaks the tires loose at pretty much any speed, and that's definitely not what I'm looking for. I want something pretty, relatively fast, and comfortable without being dominated by body roll.

B's suggestion has merit, just have that anti-mustang thing welling in my brain....I live in Texas, but I still don't think I'd be able to handle the image of me driving a mustang.

Not really a panty dropper, just something fun. I mean if I wanted a panty dropper in the area I live in, I'd just go buy an M3. Luckily (or not...depending on how you look at it) I also hold a prejudice against BMW as well.

If you want looks, and some performance, why not get a lotus evora or something?

I'm going to start a list of rules. The following suggestions should quote the rules/guidelines when posting and adding additional bullets when he posts.

1) Something stupid
2) pretty, fast, comfortable, minimal body roll
3) no mustangs
4) not a "panty dropper"
5) not a BMW

My suggestion:
Corvette Z51
2014_chevrolet_corvette-pic-6625954921796534918-1024x768.jpeg

In texas:
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...las-c23851_L33702#listing=97610893_isFeatured

Dunno why, but the Lingenfelter just rubs me the wrong way. I'm basing this purely on memory, but I've always felt that car was just a straight line speed demon that breaks the tires loose at pretty much any speed, and that's definitely not what I'm looking for. I want something pretty, relatively fast, and comfortable without being dominated by body roll.

B's suggestion has merit, just have that anti-mustang thing welling in my brain....I live in Texas, but I still don't think I'd be able to handle the image of me driving a mustang.

I don't get where you people think Corvettes aren't good handling cars.....They are fucking awesome handling cars.....2005 Corvette Ring Time was the same as the 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S, Both at 7:59. That's a stock C6 time, not a Lingenfelter time.

The 2012 ZR1 is in the top ten Ring times at 7:19.63. Look at the top 50 Ring times, your going to see a lot of Corvettes listed. They are certainly not just straight line cars

The new Z06 does it under 7 minutes.

well yeah but your not getting into a new Z06 for 80k lol..and the new Z06 will be in the top 4 cars with the best times on the Ring....and the other 3 are hypercars...Porsche 918, Radical SR8 and SR8 LM....not even sure those Radical cars would even pass US Emissions

RS5 would be sick.

Tesla P85? Classy as fuck and fast.

E63 AMG?

Bentley Continental?

DB9?

Reactions: tab
Back