New Toy Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nick, That's actually the reason I've been leaning more towards the used car, no matter how much I'd love the vette, I'm not sure that I'd love it enough to keep paying on it for 3-4 years where as the used stuff, it's mine, not the banks, and I can use it as the toy it's meant to be without worrying about it being a stupid expense or something like that.

That combined with the fact that I already have a DD civic sitting in the garage means that the car I buy doesn't have to be the most reliable thing on the planet, so used again isn't much of an issue.

aren't you afraid they will fight if you leave them alone? why a 70 over 69 ?

I go back and forth between both. I LOVE the '69, but when I saw the silver '70 in 21 jump street, I fell in love with that one too. I know the styling is drastically different between the two. Who knows what will happen when it comes time to put the money down.

'69
$_57.JPG

'70
231278352986_2.jpg

the simple answer is resale value.

audis don't have any ,and require more on the lease than bmw

Well i think it was more of an issue of Audi not wanting to pay off my Titan on trade in. They weren't going to pay it off and therefore wanted to roll negative equity in the price. They didn't even come back with a payment. They just simply said they can't do it.

Like Lexus who offered me $22,500 trade in for a truck that Blue Booked and NADA'd for 33k and where 16 miles down the road at a Nissan dealer that had used 2013 Titan SV Crew Cabs with more miles than what i had on my truck on the lot between 32-34k. Audi and Lexus where both trying to make 8-10k on my trade in. Where BMW was willing to pay off the 27,500 i owed on it and make 3-5k on the trade in.

I go back and forth between both. I LOVE the '69, but when I saw the silver '70 in 21 jump street, I fell in love with that one too. I know the styling is drastically different between the two. Who knows what will happen when it comes time to put the money down.

'69
$_57.JPG

'70
231278352986_2.jpg

I'd take either one :) I just lean more toward the 69

I look at price point vs value, service life, and resale value. The first 2-3 years of new car ownership drops the value in half on many cars. I like cars that are LOADED, and lower mileage. All of my vehicles are leather, heated seats, auto climate controls, power everything. I keep them longer because they are so nice and comfortable. I buy them used to keep cost down. AWD/4WD Vehicles keep their value longer. You can tell the difference between a luxury car vs one that's not. Road noise levels are obvious. 8 way heated seats are nice on long drives. All 3 of my vehicles<$60K.

Get the car you really want, with all the options, after 3 years. Do not pay over 40k. The most I have spent is 22k. After several years of driving, all my cars are worth at least half of what I spent. That may not sound fantastic, but no one has said that luxury cars are a good investment. Classic cars tend to go up and up, no surprise drops, just ups and downs as tastes shift.

I love cars too. I just don't have a passion for the newer stuff. Once I buy a house, my two garage cars will probably be a '69 Mustang and a '70 Camaro.
Mine would be a 65 Malibu and a Lambo Hurrican. Of course this would be my parents garage since I wouldn't be able to live on my own... lol

Both can be had for under the $80k limit.
Come to think of it, the 70 1/2 split bumper Camaro is on of my favorites. I had a 77 Firebird when I was 19, and that thing cornered really well, and felt sure footed at 150 mph.

Well...I've decided to move back to San Antonio, so with the cost of living decrease...it might be possible.

We'll see.

The new corvettes are absolutely insane in every imagine able way. Gorgeous and nimble and powerful and in a whole new class of refinement for corvettes.

Back