new toys for the sti :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
well, i got tired of the 6-disc indash POS oem radio...

neommike offered me a great deal on some stuff that i couldn't refuse.

so, i head on down to http://www.ajscaraudio.com on saturday and spend some money :)

new head unit:

finally, something that plays DVD MP3 discs, and doesn't suck.

31.JPG

http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MOD...athId=58&page=1

built in 3" screen, and it is bad ass. it sounds so awesome, and the picture quaility is chrystal clear.

it even is has an optical digtal output, external monitor outputs, video inputs, and 3 sets of 5v pre-outs.
can't complain there...

its a little bigger than a DIN on the face, but the chassis is still a single din.
getting it in there was a pain in the ass, and i'm glad i had the pro's do it for me. the oem radio is a double din. mike configged up a pocket up top to fill the space, and still allow the face to fold in and angle out. came out nice and clean. i'll take some pics later.

finished up the sound by adding an MA Audio 12" sub, and a clarion 360 watt amp for the DVC sub.

sounds awesome :)

the only complaint i have, is that when you turn the car off, and turn it back on, the cd/dvd will start at track 1 again, not where it left off :(

other than that, its killer. i can't wait to burn 4.5 gigs of music on one disk. :)

waste-o-cash. my blingage metere is bouncing off the scale

Originally posted by Battle Pope+May 2 2005, 11:08 AM-->
damn that head unit is PIMP. what did that run ya?
[post=493968]Quoted post[/post]​

if you want pricing, call the store. the link is above :p i'm friends of the shop, so they obviously hooked up me. retail is about 650-700 for the headunit. i paid a couple hundred bit more for everything installed. do your own decision :D

Originally posted by brian11to1@May 2 2005, 12:33 PM
waste-o-cash. my blingage metere is bouncing off the scale
[post=494004]Quoted post[/post]​

naw, in fact, it will eventually pay for it self :D
cdr holds 700mb
dvdr holds 4500mb, or a little more than 6 times a cdr.
1dvd-r is not 6 times the cost of a cdr, and they are only getting cheaper.

eventually, if i burn enough disks, and i will, it will end up paying for itself in less media, less cluster, less binder thinggee's to hold them :D

i agree the screen is overkill- but wathcing fast and furious at the shop-- the only dvd they had-- was bad-ass. when they closed the doors to the car, i thought someone got out of the car. i look around, and everyone is still in the back seat. lol

Originally posted by projectxspeed@May 2 2005, 01:12 PM
WTF it PLAYS DVD MP3's that's not Bling Bling that's uber functional
[post=494013]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

i could care less for the screen or other functions. all i wanted was dvd mp3 playback in a unit that doesn't suck :)

ripperbone
@May 2 2005, 01:31 PM
I was looking at that unit, but ended up getting a eclipse w/ 7" screen
[post=494019]Quoted post[/post]​

right on... i don't really need a screen... but the 3" is plenty nice. gives you a nice full text- display in cd mode, and a small little screen to watch movies on while you're stuck in traffic :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 2 2005, 11:41 AM
right on... i don't really need a screen... but the 3" is plenty nice. gives you a nice full text- display in cd mode, and a small little screen to watch movies on while you're stuck in traffic :D
[post=494023]Quoted post[/post]​

or good for taking trips. :thumbsup:

i like it! :thumbsup: on that dvd-mp3 playback!!

my next HU (in like 2 years) is going to be dvd-mp3 capable. the brand? alpine, of course.

I think its cool, i like the super small screen, it different. And if he wants he can pick up something bigger and plug it right in.

Haha, me and the wife just looked at that the other day, too riich for my blood, but cool.

:owned:

nice pickup though.

yep my headunit cost a whopping $109, step to that. what?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 2 2005, 03:34 PM
Haha, me and the wife just looked at that the other day, too riich for my blood, but cool.
[post=494119]Quoted post[/post]​

I paid $800 for my last head unit... but that was 3 years ago. Oh well. I need a new one. :)

Back