new toys for the sti :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's good too. Much better value than mine. :) Saleh- getting close to graduation? PM me. :)

Originally posted by Calesta+May 3 2005, 04:37 AM-->
@May 2 2005, 03:34 PM
Haha, me and the wife just looked at that the other day, too riich for my blood, but cool.
[post=494119]Quoted post[/post]​

I paid $800 for my last head unit... but that was 3 years ago. Oh well. I need a new one. :)
[post=494266]Quoted post[/post]​

Like whoa, I picked up my Alpine CDM-7861R about four years ago, and it still kickin' it, thought about moving up to a Clarion, they make a great upper mid level, head unit. That one PissedoffbumpMP3sol got was one of the very few flashy ones I have looked at recently( mainly because for what it is, it's not real flashy). I really want a Nakamichi, one of the early ninties plain ones with like one light on the front :)

Originally posted by Calesta@May 3 2005, 06:33 AM
Hmm. I've never seen a Nakimichi head unit in person.
[post=494341]Quoted post[/post]​

Theres a shop in Austin called Circle Stereo (hope he's still there) Mostly high end home stuff, but he dabbles in high end mobile too. Cool place lots of older Machintosh tube amps, phonographs, stuff like that.

Nice, that's the model up from my radio. It does suck about the resume on mp3's, but that only affects MP3 discs. Movies and normal audio cd's will resume where it left off.

dvd mp3 players are the next big thing. I have my whole collection of music I actually listen to all on 3 dvd's.

And Brian, that unit will play dual layer mp3 dvd's. You also may want to pick up a 5-7" lcd screen. I love having the file browser on mine. But maybe that 3" screen works well enough for you.

As for sound quality, I sure it's an improvement over the KD-DV5100 I have. My Sony receiver had a much better EQ than the current JVC deck.

Yup I still hate you B. Looks good though but it all depends on how it sounds yo.

im all about sound. i could care less for volume, although, that was one of the reasons why i upgraded...

the stock stereo stopped at "40", and with the window even just halfway down on the highway, you couldn't hear shit. the oem speakers aound real nice. the jvc has crossovers on it, so the highs aren't seeing anything below 125, which gives them higher effective power, since they aren't trying to struggle with the low notes. the imaging in the car is awesome.

the fronts are component 6 1/2's, mids in the doors, tweeters up by the handels.
rears are also 6 1/2s in the lower rear doors. there's no rear deck 6x9's or anything like that.
i'm looking into getting a center channel as well :D mike said it slike 130 bucks for the thing, but will bring out dts and other 5.1 encoded soundtracks immensely. i'm considering it :D depends how big it is and where it will fit on the dash somewhere...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 3 2005, 12:07 PM
im all about sound. i could care less for volume, although, that was one of the reasons why i upgraded...

the stock stereo stopped at "40", and with the window even just halfway down on the highway, you couldn't hear shit. the oem speakers aound real nice. the jvc has crossovers on it, so the highs aren't seeing anything below 125, which gives them higher effective power, since they aren't trying to struggle with the low notes. the imaging in the car is awesome.

the fronts are component 6 1/2's, mids in the doors, tweeters up by the handels.
rears are also 6 1/2s in the lower rear doors. there's no rear deck 6x9's or anything like that.
i'm looking into getting a center channel as well :D mike said it slike 130 bucks for the thing, but will bring out dts and other 5.1 encoded soundtracks immensely. i'm considering it :D depends how big it is and where it will fit on the dash somewhere...
[post=494464]Quoted post[/post]​

wow B, you're rolling. Lots of expensive toys. :worthy:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 3 2005, 02:47 PM
i'll grab some pics when i get home... its nothing special... just nice and clean and oem- like :)
[post=494528]Quoted post[/post]​

If I ever meet you... I am going to start punching you in the head.... :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 3 2005, 11:07 AM
[post=494464]Quoted post[/post]​

You'll need a Dolby decoded, since all the radio has is an optical out. THat's when things get really expensive.

here's some pics of the head unit.

Attachments

• DSC01287.JPG
    DSC01287.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC01288.JPG
    DSC01288.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC01289.JPG
    DSC01289.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 163
B talk to jay or mike they had a clarion center chanel that was badass... it goes right in the dash (1/2 DIN)
h020SRK5.jpeg

heard it in a car that they threw one in ... definatly a sick piece

You could trade that pack of smokes for your center channel :p

Back