New tranny/engineswap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trnc

Hey guys I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff and i'd appreciate it if you could help me.. I have a 96 civic and am going to swap into a b16b. I have an automatic tranmission and want to switch to manual. Should I switch to manual before or after the swap? Could some of you give me some info on the process aswell?? thanks in advance

Originally posted by trnc@Apr 18 2005, 10:52 PM
Hey guys I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff and i'd appreciate it if you could help me.. I have a 96 civic and am going to swap into a b16b. I have an automatic tranmission and want to switch to manual. Should I switch to manual before or after the swap? Could some of you give me some info on the process aswell?? thanks in advance
[post=488540]Quoted post[/post]​

hello and welcome to hondaswap
welcome to obd2a hell i am going thur a lot of shit with my obd2a civic with a b16a swap but never give up first of all you will get it, now to your problem, doing an auto to manual swap is not that hard you are going to need the assembly such as the petal, clutch master cycl. the hard and soft lines and the slave cycl. the hardest part is getting the master cycl in place and from then on it is cake. not to shout him out but get in touch with Estorvito he is the only person i have seen do that convertion he can help you out hope that helps

this motor is already OBD 2, although it's way overpriced for the power and lack of torque imo

your 96 civic has a one piece harness in the engine bay, meaning you can't just plug in the harness from the b16b, but you'll instead have to swap over the harness from your existing motor to the new motor and then add wires for vtec, knock, whatever is missing, depending on the trim level of your civic

and you'll have to do the auto to manual swap when you do the motor, since your new trans and motor will be manual and you can't use a d series trans on a b series motor

Back