New Transmission.. H23 Time?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

psilo

Hi all.. I have a 1992 Prelude Si with a USDM 1996 H22 in it. The transmission is also h22. I like how the car feels, plenty of power for all my purposes. fifth is a little weak but I can still pass people easily in it without downshifting if need be.. so I suppose I'm satisfied..

However.. second is hard as shit to get into, period.. won't EVER let me in coming from neutral, third knicks most of the time, and that's about it.

So, I'd say it's safe to say I need a new transmission, rather than hastle with having a bunch of internal transmission work done.

Should I go for the h22 transmission again? I'm basically trying to find the cheapest option, and it's got to be from some reputable online company (please suggest them, lots of them don't even have a transmission list, just engines.. I need to know where to buy this thing from!!!)..

Any idea how much an h22 5spd transmission with LSD costs, and whether I have to worry about OBD and transmissions? Just wondering because I saw someones for sale thread on another board and it said OBDII transmission blabla.. my car is II.. so if that makes any difference...yeah...

Thanks all, I'm kinda shitted out, this is my second car and a week after getting its painfully clear somethings really fucked up with the transmission.

Anyone know whether this is a job I and a friend could do? I mean.. we've done suspension jobs on accords and preludes and whatnot, but transmission???

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

if my memory serves me correctly an H23 2nd and 3rd gear is just a lil longer... but nothing noticable.... and definately worth the savings IMO...if youd like one let me know..and let me know where you are located for shipping purposes..

Still trying to figure out what to do..

car has a studdering problem caused by bad engagement into reverse and first gear, I suck at shifting sometimes but it studders for hours and hours after this around 3k rpm.

2nd gear is impossible to get into from neutral..

Originally posted by psilo@Jul 31 2004, 03:15 PM
Still trying to figure out what to do..

car has a studdering problem caused by bad engagement into reverse and first gear, I suck at shifting sometimes but it studders for hours and hours after this around 3k rpm.

2nd gear is impossible to get into from neutral..
[post=370808]Quoted post[/post]​

Is there an adjustment for the clutch? It sounds like you aren't having a problem engaging each gear, but rather a problem with disengagement.

Back