New Turbo Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drbelanger73

Beer is good for you.
Anybody take a look at the new turbo kit from Edelbrock?

Edelbrock.com | Edelbrock Sport Compact - TURBOS - Performer X

I've strongly considered going with this one as an entry level turbo. I'm not confidant enough to just build my own and this one seems like a nice solution. The performer comes with its own electronics and claims no additional tuning. I think it only pushes 6 or 7 psi and is designed to go on a stock engine.

Best part is its scalable. The Victor X, its cousin, is the same kit without the one off electronics. I figure once i become familiar with how this stuff works I could look into scaling up gradually as i learn how much power is what and how it handles.

Not cheap though.

Anybody use one?

I lean towards kits only because i have never installed any sort of forced induction on an engine. Edelbrock has been around a while and i´m sure there was a good deal of attention put into it. For four grand there better be.

I want to get into turbos slowly. First just get one on and run a few psi to cut my teeth. Then as i come to understand the mechanics of it i can improve the engine (botttom end, rods, pistons etc) and gradually scale my way up.

Turbo Math is scary...

Though a custom turbo would teach me what i need to know. I´m afraid im gonna spend all kinds of money learning though. That is something i would rather not do.

One of these days ill pull my skirt up and just do it...
If i can fix a radar i can install a turbo, it just pushes air instead of RF hehe

The Edelbrock kit is probably the best one on the market for a turbo in a box setup. The components are better than the Greddy, and it makes more power than the Greddy when you start turning the boost up past the kit's standard settings.

If I was going to buy a kit to bolt onto a Honda without having to custom fab stuff, the Edelbrock is the one I would buy.

Back