1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Turbo Kit

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by drbelanger73, Mar 19, 2008.

1. drbelanger73

drbelanger73 Beer is good for you.

Anybody take a look at the new turbo kit from Edelbrock?

Edelbrock.com | Edelbrock Sport Compact - TURBOS - Performer X

I've strongly considered going with this one as an entry level turbo. I'm not confidant enough to just build my own and this one seems like a nice solution. The performer comes with its own electronics and claims no additional tuning. I think it only pushes 6 or 7 psi and is designed to go on a stock engine.

Best part is its scalable. The Victor X, its cousin, is the same kit without the one off electronics. I figure once i become familiar with how this stuff works I could look into scaling up gradually as i learn how much power is what and how it handles.

Not cheap though.

Anybody use one?

2. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

Nope. For the money you can part out a much better setup that can/will make more power.

3. drbelanger73

drbelanger73 Beer is good for you.

I lean towards kits only because i have never installed any sort of forced induction on an engine. Edelbrock has been around a while and i´m sure there was a good deal of attention put into it. For four grand there better be.

I want to get into turbos slowly. First just get one on and run a few psi to cut my teeth. Then as i come to understand the mechanics of it i can improve the engine (botttom end, rods, pistons etc) and gradually scale my way up.

Turbo Math is scary...

Though a custom turbo would teach me what i need to know. I´m afraid im gonna spend all kinds of money learning though. That is something i would rather not do.

One of these days ill pull my skirt up and just do it...
    If i can fix a radar i can install a turbo, it just pushes air instead of RF hehe

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

The Edelbrock kit is probably the best one on the market for a turbo in a box setup. The components are better than the Greddy, and it makes more power than the Greddy when you start turning the boost up past the kit's standard settings.

If I was going to buy a kit to bolt onto a Honda without having to custom fab stuff, the Edelbrock is the one I would buy.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted