new tv/dvd/ps2 stuff :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

component VIDEO (note, not AUDIO), the 3 cables, are Red Blue and Green are VIDEO circuits. do you have an additional audio cable plugged in? if you don't, of course you have no sound. lol

what do you have set up for audio?

if running stereo with component, you should have 5 cables.

if runing 5.1, you should have 9 (or 4 if you are running a digital output coax or optical on a single wire)

the reason your dvd player had a switch like that is so that most people don't own a 480p capable tv.... and they feel that the ones who DO will know more about the dvd settings to make it go progressive than the ones without it.

this is how the audio is set up. 2 cables, from the dvd player to the tv. then i have two cables from the tv to the tv1 input on the reciever. is that right? like i said it works on regular tv, but not on the dvd player/ps2. the sound only comes out the tv, not the stereo.

why run it to the tv at all?

run it to the receiver. the receiver should be the brain of your system. if you want to have dvds play out on the tv speakers as well, run an output from the receiver to the tv audio in.

yea i could do that, but then what about the ps2? my reciever ony has an audio in and out on one of the settings (ie vid1. vid2 only has an in) and the ps2 component cables arent long enough to go to the tv for the component and to the reciever for the audio. unless someone makes extension cables. it would be so much easier if the audio was all outted through the one output on the back of the tv.

your system sucks. lol looks like you're not going to be able to do it that way i guess..

Back