new tv...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I thought those things were still a couple hundred pounds. That's not bad at all and if I had 2200 for a TV, I'd buy it.

Go for it.

oh god, i had to move my freinds projection 55 (or something) inch tv...up to the third floor...up stiars.. with two people, yeah it took 3 hours.

but that tv looks really good, i personaly like the sony bravia tv's (40 inch obviously), with the hd package from direct tv.... ill never watch sports the same again. Oh and those ambilight tvs are actually pretty sweet.

projectors don't do it for me... sorry. unless you're spending 10k on one, their features suck... like, most don't even have a TV tuner built in.. wtf?

B that A&V guy I keep talking about is doing a Projector for his home setup. He said they just brought out a new projector that kicks ass. and like you said anything under 10 grand sucks. up to a few months ago he wouldnt have touched anything under $24K the cost of the only worth while projector. however, the new one that just came out is much cheaper at a small price of $12K

Either way WTF WOULD B WANT A PROJECTOR? he has like 52" of wall space for a 50" TV have you seen his room? Even having a large open area for my 50" TV it makes the room look super small.

When you get a 4000+ SQFT house then you can start to think about things like that.

who the F uses a set-top box any more? cable card y0

Most cable cards ive seen dont have all the deatures of a set top box, and reason i dont use it is Hd Tivo

Comast DVR > *.

DVI output, records, pauses TV, 16x9 format in all channels, great HD, Mike the Flamer (B16) will back me up on this.

Cable Cards suck! Any Cable Co that uses motorola or scientific atlanta DVRs are OK in my book. I haven't seen a cablecard DVR yet.

But yeah DVRs are the way to go. In fact I think I will catch up on some tv as I have been in MA all weekend and didn't watch any TV. I think I will watch exactly what I want to watch as I have all my favorite shows recorded on it... Ah.. I love technology

Back