New verizon plans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah thats crazy, but someone like me may be able to benefit from this because right now i have a dumb phone and im paying 68 dollars a month for unlimited text and 450 min a month and thats it.

wait a min thats 90 a month for a single line correct. if thats so im still screwed lol

...Yeah...I'm definitely not renewing my contract. I average 1.5GB a month, by myself, on a phone(not using it as a hotspot or anything).

The data allowances start at $50 per month for 1 gigabyte. That's enough for prudent two-smartphone users who use Wi-Fi a lot, but Verizon recommends getting 2 gigabytes for $60. After that, each additional 2 gigabytes cost an extra $10 per month.

The author must be dumb; if you're relying on Wi-Fi anyways, why the hell would you want to pay that much for 1GB of data? That's how much my home internet cost; basically just doubled my internet bill for a 1GB "buffer". You might as well just get a tablet or iPod touch that just uses Wi-Fi and not have to worry about data.

not really sure how this works.. i have my own plan, no other lines.. but they'll make me use a shared plan next time i upgrade and charge more for data? i thought i was grandfathered in w/ unlimited data since i had it before they capped it

you are- but only if your next phone upgrade, you pay full price (ie, 599) for your new phone instead of contract price, which restarts you on a new plan.

So, basically, you're on your current device forever. Next time you change up, your plan goes with it.

At least that's what it sounds like to me.

Me, i'm still fighting with Virgin. lol At least I get to talk to americans now, since i'm above the level 85 help desk now. :)

sounds like a WoW game now

in regards to Verizon, Between myself and my wife we could probably get by just fine on a 4Gb plan for $60 and still make our calls an text etc.. That may actually save me about $50 a month.

60 base + 10-30 for each device you add, so it likely won't save you money.

Can unlimited-data customers maintain their plans but change out devices(as in buy our own phones)?

From what I understand that price plan model is only for multi line accounts, and you dont have to switch. From what Ive heard the single line pricing is going to stay the same. As for the family share plans the data sharing thing is optional, you dont have to switch, but i could be wrong.

60 base + 10-30 for each device you add, so it likely won't save you money.

We only have our two smartphones so yeah it would be a net savings for us.

times like these im glad i have tmobile.

$20 month for 2gb of 4g, unlimited after that, but throttled down.

$50 for 1gb? i wouldnt even have a data plan then. would just rely on wifi.

$50 for 1gb? i wouldnt even have a data plan then. would just rely on wifi.

That's exactly what they want... To avoid data on their network so they don't have to pay to upgrade it. They're (all wireless companies) basically stifling the wireless market to put off having to upgrade their crap.

I'm on the truly unlimited and uncapped corporate plan and until recently I used anywhere between 10-80gb/month (I probably use more data than the rest of the devices on the entire regional plan combined). THAT'S what this market should be able to let everyone do, but multiply me out times 4 million and you'd need a gigantic network investment that they're not willing to do. They're going to keep the network at the absolute minimum they can while still having acceptable profits by pleasing the masses.

Last edited:
By a decent android 4g phone...root...custom rom..bam ...free 4g wireless tethering for your tablet or laptop/pc..prblem solved...using my samsung galaxy tab as we speak off my rootrd htc rezound

I kept hearing bad things about this today but after looking into it, it doesnt seem to bad after all.

So right now its $39.99 for 450 minutes, $10 for 1000 txt or $20 for unlimited, then another $30 for 2GB

The Share Everything Plan includes unlimited voice minutes, unlimited text, video, and picture messaging, and a single data allowance starting at 1GB for $50 a month

If anything for basic users that don't abuse their data, 1-2GB should be enough, so for $60? maybe $70? they will get unlimited talk, txt, picture txt, video message, and 2GB data.

Sounds like a win to me unless I'm missing something.

I kept hearing bad things about this today but after looking into it, it doesnt seem to bad after all.

So right now its $39.99 for 450 minutes, $10 for 1000 txt or $20 for unlimited, then another $30 for 2GB

If anything for basic users that don't abuse their data, 1-2GB should be enough, so for $60? maybe $70? they will get unlimited talk, txt, picture txt, video message, and 2GB data.

Sounds like a win to me unless I'm missing something.

It's not that bad except for power users who gobble up data, for them it's a net loss (which I suppose is their point).

Last edited:
Wah

Get on wifi or get a job that doesn't let you surf the web on your phone 8 hours a day.

And for those of you that tether at home and skip paying a home internet bill. Wah.

This article sums it up pretty well:

The good news: $40 will now buy you an unlimited amount of voice calls and text messages. That is $10 less than you were paying for your voice and text plans combined before, so even if you don’t plan on increasing your voice calling or texting you come out ahead.

The bad news: you might need those voice minutes and text messages because data just got a lot more expensive. The cheapest data option will let you pay $50 for 1 GB of data (according to Verizon's calculations, that's about 30 minutes of streaming video for the month). To replicate the amount of data you can buy today you need to pay $60 for 2 GB (which will give you an hour of streaming video, but then you can't use your phone for anything else until the next month).

Where does that leave you? The cheapest option Verizon now offers smartphone customers is $90 for half as much data as $80 buys you today. And in less than 12 months $30 has gone from buying you unlimited data to not even covering 1 GB.

Last edited:
Back