New Volkswagen Corrado

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Here are some pics of the new Corrado. I have no specs, but maybe I can find some. Such a hot little car. If the specs are right, bye bye RSX.

gallery_31005_76_18855.jpg

gallery_31005_76_30050.jpg

That is one hott car, but how do you see out of the rear? Looks like there is low visibility....

I love that front end! :drool:

its official, that car is secsay! first VW i like.

Quoted post[/post]]
That is one hott car, but how do you see out of the rear? Looks like there is low visibility....

I love that front end! :drool:

Guessing no different then a 350Z, has the same shape rear window. I remember when I was on the test drive in the 350Z I looked out the rear window and said something to the sales guy like damn thats a tiny little hole back there. after 2 days it seems like any other cars rear view,

p.s if it comes with 280 or more HP it will be a winner.

Details remain sketchy, but Autocar understands Volkswagen’s secret new corrado coupé has been designed to sit on the same basic platform as the Beduin – as well as the production version of the Concept C and the next Audi TT.

Using a combination of components from the Golf and Passat, the coupé has been engineered with both front- and four-wheel drive compatibility. Power is set to come from a range of in-line four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines as well as VW’s new 280bhp 3.6-litre V6 petrol. A more powerful turbocharged version of the V6 with up to 350bhp is also envisaged.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. Bye Bye RSX. I hope it's cheap.

i'll change my rating to 8/10 if it's RWD and 300 hp.

Cheap? Don't think so.

Prolly $30-35k range and upwards of $40k for the turbo version. VW's version of the TT.
Affordable German cars? Hah. The new GTI is slated to go on sale for $33k. For a hatchback. With FWD. And four cylinders.

I'll take an STI/Evo any day.

Quoted post[/post]]
Cheap? Don't think so.

Prolly $30-35k range and upwards of $40k for the turbo version. VW's version of the TT.
Affordable German cars? Hah. The new GTI is slated to go on sale for $33k. For a hatchback. With FWD. And four cylinders.

:werd: .. the VR6 Golf is around 25k.. this will be up there with the R32 or more..

Quoted post[/post]]
i'll change my rating to 8/10 if it's RWD and 300 hp.

What.....280hp and AWD isn't enough??? :p

And what I meant by cheap is that my 05 Type S cost me $35K, if the 280hp AWD VR6 version of the corrado is within $5K of that, it's mine ..... uhh, whenever it comes out....i think 2008.

Quoted post[/post]]
Cheap? Don't think so.

bah, the R36 is supposed to have the 3.6 (hence the 36) with 300hp. according to a few article on VWvortex.com, it's going to be priced like the R32 (about 30k). so in the end it will be well worth it.

as far as this Corrado goes, these people seem to think that it's never going to happen...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2280157&page=1

^and you know something, my gut tells me I should believe them because as a Honda Enthusiast, we know that the CRX will never be back even with all these photochops and little article here and there. they might know something we don't know.

I honestly don't think it will be back either.

If it does come back...bye bye Audi. That is one new car I will actually purchase. I will find a way to afford it.

Back