New Volkswagen Corrado

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

looks like a chop to me...?

wheels turned left, and the cars going straight

the front air ducts look air brushed

and the red changes color on the very outside of the grille/under the passenger headlight...

I dont like the new ft grills that vw came out with. other than that the car looks sick

Quoted post[/post]]
looks like a chop to me...?

wheels turned left, and the cars going straight

the front air ducts look air brushed

and the red changes color on the very outside of the grille/under the passenger headlight...

Could very well be a photochop: Factories have artists that clean up photos and add effects for press releases and the such.

Quoted post[/post]]
doubtful taht car will make it here, stateside, maybe in europe...

I bet its awd, dsg, 300hp
And if it does even make it to the states, expect a nice watered down version.

I like the old Corrado better. But it's still a hundred times better than the Golf.

I like Sciroccos.

Combine them with Audi drivelines and yummy. A guy in CART has one for the track, and it's the nuttiest goddam thing on 4 wheels.

holy shit they did a great job at updating the old corrado. It DEFENTLY looks like one with the tall hips in the rear. The old one was a FWD car tryign to compete with the porsche 944 but in the end it was just a VW and it failed. The interiors of the old ones are straight out of the 80's. I love those cars but the g60 is a pile of shit and the VR6 ones are still going for a ton. Plus did I mention FWD :p

I still like the old corrados.

I would get a cheap g60 with a blown motor and pull it out to put a 1.8T in it's place.

I was deciding between a Corrado or the 944....the 944 won my choice.

According to Motor Trend....Jan. 06 Vol 58

VW it self is said to be working on a bunch of new models to be launced before the end of the decade. Of most interest is an all new two door coupe said be the spiritual successor of the much loved Corrado . Designed to fit above the new Golf-Based Eos coupe/cabri, the Corrado successor will be built on a modified Golf Platform, have all wheel drive and be powered by a 247 hp, 3.2-liter v-6.

:cliffnotes: AWD 247 HP.

this was in the new car and driver...

looks likes its real for 2007 folks.

Quoted post[/post]]
Details remain sketchy, but Autocar understands Volkswagen’s secret new corrado coupé has been designed to sit on the same basic platform as the Beduin – as well as the production version of the Concept C and the next Audi TT.

Using a combination of components from the Golf and Passat, the coupé has been engineered with both front- and four-wheel drive compatibility. Power is set to come from a range of in-line four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines as well as VW’s new 280bhp 3.6-litre V6 petrol. A more powerful turbocharged version of the V6 with up to 350bhp is also envisaged.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner. Bye Bye RSX. I hope it's cheap.

Holy shiat.

Possible Turbo'd V6 with 350hp and the quattro system? What car in the price range is going to hold up to that. Although Vdubs are usually heavy, if they make this thing around 2500-3000lbs since its such a tiny car, they'll be golden. I don't really know what they're thinking here though, because this car should eat their own R32, not to mention if its geared right the STi and Evo's.

well the upcoming r36 will eat the r32

the 06 gti is only like 40 hp less then the r32. with a chip it eats it.

the r32 just looks so damn good ><

the r32 was the biggest rip off in car history. if it was 10 grand less, it still would be over priced.

:withstupid:

I have driven one. Not that fast, but it handled very well.

After driving the car, I have not stopped busting the owner's balls about how it will get raped by an Ev0 or an STI lol.

evo and sti are faster, but the awd system of the r32 > either one of them.

plus the interior is WAY better.

and if you like hatchbacks, its the fastest production hatchback that was available at the time.

if it was 10 grand less it would have been cheaper then a gti, which in stock form is slower and fwd.

its ok to say you dont like a car, but dont try and make up stuff to justify the opinion lol

Back