New Volkswagen Corrado

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just don't think its worth the money. if it was 23-24k, it would be a great car. but at 32k + dealer markup for it being "Rar3" its just not worth it imo

wellt he gti is in the low 20's.
the vw awd system is one of the best, can deliver 100% power to each individual wheel. the awd swap costs 16k.
the r32 has dif seats, suspension, rims, bumper, pedals, interior trim. its all dressed up with r32 stuff.
it was also the fastest production vw made in USA at the time.
and it was a limited production so they came off the shelf as a collector car.

msrp was 32k, but almost everyone ive seen post on vwvortex got theres for right around 32k after all taxes and fees.
honda dealership here was selling one with less then 10k miles for 28k.

imo i think that it was well worth the price tag, in relation to vw's other products.

Quoted post[/post]]
i just don't think its worth the money. if it was 23-24k, it would be a great car. but at 32k + dealer markup for it being "Rar3" its just not worth it imo

The only reason the kid who's R32 i drove actually owned one was because he and his dad had built 5 VW's they raced in Autox & Drag competitions. Being hardcore VW fans, they were naturally all excited about the R32 and he HAD to get it (so he says).

Quoted post[/post]]
evo and sti are faster, but the awd system of the r32 > either one of them.

plus the interior is WAY better.

and if you like hatchbacks, its the fastest production hatchback that was available at the time.

if it was 10 grand less it would have been cheaper then a gti, which in stock form is slower and fwd.

its ok to say you dont like a car, but dont try and make up stuff to justify the opinion lol

Plus the germans build a sturdy car, use quality build materials, and it looks good IMO.

The interior is nice from the seats to the gauge cluster to the exterior and the huge stock alloys.

I believe the car to be a rip off as well, but it had a specific target market and it performed well in it. Shit people bought the car, drove it for 10,000-20,000 miles and still sold it for what they bought it for, what can beat that?

Quoted post[/post]]
:withstupid:

I have driven one. Not that fast, but it handled very well.

After driving the car, I have not stopped busting the owner's balls about how it will get raped by an Ev0 or an STI lol.
It didn't feel fast? :blink: so your telling me that you leave all your decisions to your "Ass Dyno?" :ph34r: B already said his STi didn't feel fast at all, does that mean it's slow? no. I know, I know, he had the boosted Sol so that' why it feels slow blah, blah, blah... you still get my point.

Are the R32's as fast as the STi and Evo? Hell no, but it looks 3 times better, the interior is 5 times nicer, and several people on VW Vortex were hitting 13.9's all day completely stock in their R32's. that's pretty damn good considering what VW has put out in recent years.

i love the R32
id definatly get one over the evo, cuz i think the evo is fucking hideous, and my friend owned one and it was the least comfortable car in the fucking world... the interior just sucks... banging my shin on the underdash area while trying to drive sucks balls

id probly get one over the STi because i dont like 4 doors, im not a big fan of the style, and even though the 05 has a nice interior i still like the interior on the R32 better

so while it isnt as powerful, or as fast off the line, it handles at least as well, has a better AWD system, and is IMO an overall nicer car

the r32 is quite possibly vw's sexiest car ever. The R32 is a decent car, its quick and it handles pretty well. Ive only driven one, once about a year ago.

32K is quite steep for a freakin hatchback, but whatever.

but if i get into the market for a small car, the r32 is on my list.

Back