New Wheel 2011 WRX!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

don't be fooled by AWD. you still can't stop or turn on summer tires. it's dangerous.

i got cought in my sti ONCE and thats all it took.

don't be fooled by AWD. you still can't stop or turn on summer tires. it's dangerous.

+1

that's because of the summer tires. We tell every single one of our customers who chooses a performance subaru that they are NOT designed for snow or heavy rain.

they are made to grip and stick. :) you want traction in snow go get snow tires or chains. we don't worry about that here in FL. :p

good find man! Nice to see somone else gets a subaru ;)

nice ride. though im not a huge fan of the sedans. (i have a 2010 wrx hatch)

just wish mine had the widebody :(

and +1 to careful with summer tires. i limped through "Snowmageddon" last year on my summer tires just because i was too cheap to waste a brand new set of summer tires. it was pretty tough to drive on any kind of snow and still have some control. this year i picked up some Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3Ds (225/45/17, V rated). and they should be great, even if they arent a full blown studless snow/ice tire, they've had great reviews. depending on where you are in NY and how much snow you usually get, it would probably be very beneficial to get another set of wheels and some nice snow tires. these cars actually handle snow very well if you have the right tires.

also, hit up NASIOC if you havent already :)

Yea i wasnt exspecting the horrible snow exsperience.But it is what it is.im ready for upgrades but the old lady is holding be back *l*...so i will give it alil while until i start making some..as far as the eclipse im not into the car much so i will let it sit there for alil while until i feel like fixing it *l*...its im amazing condition..and it reminds me of pual walker so she is gonna stay for aittle while *lol*

:thumbsup:

nice looking car. i was glad to hear that Subaru decided to do a sedan version because i wasnt too pleased with the hatchback model they made.

Nice looking ride man.

My step bro just got the new hatchback. He had an 08 and was at the lot and someone ordered this car, and didn't get the financing, so he splurgged and bought it.

Came with the following : Premium Pkg (sun roof, fog lights, heated wipers, heated side mirrors, and heated seats), SPT Exhaust, Side Moldings, All Weather Mats, and Auto Dim Rear View Mirror w/Home Link. Cost like 30ish. It's super quick.

Edit: He ran into same problem with his tires. He is a huge snowboarder (always drives us) so he bought old wrx rims with snow tires off cl for like 400.

Attachments

• davidswrx.jpg
    davidswrx.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 179
How'd those tires work for you through all the snow? :p

Beautiful car! I want a Subi SOOO BAADD. But I would only get the sti wagon- I don't care for sedans. Can't wait to pay off the Mazda so I can get one! :)

i believe i read a review that actually concluded that the new 2011 wrx's are faster than the Sti's.

yeah, im equally biased to a wagon.
its just more convenient. majority of the time it looks better.
i do like the way new sedan wrx looks though, but id rather a wagon.

mazda 3 sedans look like dog shit though. my wife has a 3 hatch, i love it. would love it more if it were the speed though.

i believe i read a review that actually concluded that the new 2011 wrx's are faster than the Sti's.

they aren't.

Only reason is they are faster in the 60' is due to the 5 speed compared to the 6 speed. The fact, that the driver has to shift one more time than the WRX due to the shorter first gear.

Sti is by far superior than the WRX. that is all:cool:

yeah, im equally biased to a wagon.
its just more convenient. majority of the time it looks better.
i do like the way new sedan wrx looks though, but id rather a wagon.

mazda 3 sedans look like dog shit though. my wife has a 3 hatch, i love it. would love it more if it were the speed though.

Yeah I don't like the 3 sedan at all. The 3 hatch is a good looking car- I wish they wouldn't have attached the grille to the hood on the front and attached it to the bumper like they did the Speeds. But still it is a nice looking car.

You would love it more if it was a Speed :p;)

they aren't.

Only reason is they are faster in the 60' is due to the 5 speed compared to the 6 speed. The fact, that the driver has to shift one more time than the WRX due to the shorter first gear.

:werd:

+1

Well said sir- well said.

they aren't.

yeah, in most ways, it may be.
but, there is almost a $10,000 price difference between the WRX and the STi. only 40hp and 46lbs of torque difference.

i understand that the 6speed makes a difference as well,
but face it, the vast majority of people that are buying these cars wont be taking it to any tracks or events. so thats a moot point for them.

its superior yes, but i wouldnt say its "far superior"
all depends upon what its being used for.

Back