New wheel and tire suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Summer is coming soon and I want to be ready. I am going to be purchasing a wheel and tire package for my hatch and need some advice on tire selection. These are only going to be used in the summer but in Alaska the summers can get cold at night (40 degrees). I am thinking about the Toyo Proxes T1R but dont know how good they will be if it does hit the colder temps. Should I just stick to an all season tire? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions on brand tires or type? Are summer tires only good in hot weather?

Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212

z212_tire_left.gif

I have Hankook Ventus HRII and I raced on them and are my regular street tires. They have hardly any wear and tear on them. I autox 10+ times last year and had them the year before that and are still in great condition. I recommend them.

I have been using GoodYear Eagles for two years now - except for in the winter when I change back to the stock wheels and tires the car came with..Eagles rule in all wet and dry weather situations. Even in the snow :D

WheelBroker1

Back