new wheels or new struts??

new wheels or new struts??

• new struts...KYB AGX adjustab

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i want to get either new rims or new struts for my 1990 Integra but not quite sure. either way, i will be spending about the same.

the wheels i am looking at are Rota Grids. i like the way they look and they arent to pricey. i wont get tires yet and they wont go on the car yet until after winter is over.

the struts i am looking at are the KYB AGX adjustable ones. i like the fact they are adjustable and KYB is good quality stuff. again, these wont go on the car yet till after winter when i put my new springs on.

help me decide. thanks for voting.

B I've ridden in your car. The suspension needs more help than the rims.

Get the AGXs first, then get the rims, big balla.

w00t.

Struts Hands down.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 15 2004, 09:54 PM
I've heard shitty stuff about the KYB's. I would go with tokico Illuminas, but thats just me.
[post=417443]Quoted post[/post]​

not to be rude, but why put up 'what you heard' when there's dozens of people here who have agx's and can attest to their quality?
i'd buy mine again. great struts.

Originally posted by Prowler+Nov 16 2004, 12:12 AM-->
@Nov 15 2004, 09:54 PM
I've heard shitty stuff about the KYB's. I would go with tokico Illuminas, but thats just me.

not to be rude, but why put up 'what you heard' when there's dozens of people here who have agx's and can attest to their quality?
[post=417498]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

KYB AGXs are good stuff.

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 16 2004, 06:49 AM-->
Originally posted by Prowler@Nov 16 2004, 12:12 AM
ktanaka
@Nov 15 2004, 09:54 PM

[post=417498]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

KYB AGXs are good stuff.
[post=417599]Quoted post[/post]​

I have read multiple accounds of the adjustability system on the KYB's breaking and being a hassle. I'm just saying what I've heard. Like 5 people have mentioned this and I have NEVER heard anything bad about Illuminas.

Well, I sell both of those shocks everyday and I can tell you that the tokiko is better quality. There is nothing wrong with the KYBs, but if it was my car I'd rock the tokikos. They are just made better.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Nov 16 2004, 03:11 PM
I have read multiple accounds of the adjustability system on the KYB's breaking and being a hassle. I'm just saying what I've heard. Like 5 people have mentioned this and I have NEVER heard anything bad about Illuminas.
[post=417745]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, I never heard anything like this, and in my experience, the adjustments didn't break or come apart- even after 45k miles of abuse with constant adjusting every time I went out to "play" in the twisties.

well the consensus is that i get the struts. i guess i got a phone call to make wednesday morning :)

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 16 2004, 07:16 PM
well the consensus is that i get the struts. i guess i got a phone call to make wednesday morning :)
[post=417884]Quoted post[/post]​

FWIW, shocks, not struts :D

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 16 2004, 08:17 PM
You have a DA integra right? I got the illuminas for you for $400 brand new.
[post=417932]Quoted post[/post]​

That's uh... a little bit more (like double) what he's looking to pay for the AGXs.

Back