New wheels, y0!

• Shoulda kept the BuddyClubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shoulda kept 'em sil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Had a set of BuddyClub P1's for a while...
dsc0099525nu.jpg

Traded the BuddyClubs for some meshies this past weekend...
silvermesh6lz.jpg

...and painted them this morning before I went to work.
goldmesh1xu.jpg

Clean spiders...What kind of paint did you use and whats the methods? I gotta learn how to paint. Did you sand the rims down any? Interested in learning the steps and prep work.

Looks pretty damn good, the bronze look sticks out more then the black on white. I like it! Did you wet sand them once you where done painting them?

I used 96 cent Wal-Mart spray paint and Krylon satin clear. I sanded them down, sprayed 4 coats of color, and then sprayed 2 coats of clear. Didn't wetsand after I painted...

As far as prep work, I Simple Green'd them and hosed them. Didn't tape anything off, but I did stick index cards between the rim and tire to keep paint off the tires.

not bad, i would have went with a slightly darker shade of bronze. a bronze that would be between your bronze and sport bronze.

i posted in your other thread that i like the p1's better, but now that i see them on the car... i like the meshes better. i did like them better silver though... looked really clean.

meshies are hot, i may be biased because i rock them, but i do like the p1's as well.....

and i say they are both sex, and the meshies def stick out more, good trade!

I wanted that color bronze, but fucking Rotas "Sport" bronze is like a bright brown :(

Like em, they like good.

i'm not digging it at all... i'd throw the p1's back on.

mesh's when they were silver lol and i give it 3 weeks before the paint starts to chip. <_<

i rattlecanned my rims flat black using the same methods as he did.

been almost a year and they havent chipped yet.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 21 2005, 06:57 AM
I wanted that color bronze, but fucking Rotas "Sport" bronze is like a bright brown :(

Like em, they like good.
[post=514741]Quoted post[/post]​

I feel ya i wish rotas bronze as was a lil golder too but not gold. I want the torques but i dont think i will go with bronze because i wanted a lighter color bronze. So i might have to choose another color only because the color i want isint the color i want. Oh well. either way i hope your enjoying your rims they still look good. And as for the meshs, i wanted to do this and i thinking im gonna now.

The car looks grean and i think it was a bold choice trading the p1s, and i think it was worth it as far as looks go, other then that hte p1s might have been worth more but big deal, buddy club is likea ricer company to me almost so eh..... The meshies look pimp.

Back