new xbox 360 slim

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it'll probably be the arcade version basically.. hopefully it just comes w/ a smaller hard drive, but still has WiFi

My bet is that it will just have a smaller hdd.

thats the one i'll spring for then.. lol.. my 20gb is not enough, but 250gb is not necessary for ME .. i dont download games or store them to my hard drive, so the large capacity is not needed

thats the one i'll spring for then.. lol.. my 20gb is not enough, but 250gb is not necessary for ME .. i dont download games or store them to my hard drive, so the large capacity is not needed

I am in the same boat.

brought it up to the woman last night, explained some of the features and she didnt tell me NO or YOU DONT NEED IT.. so it looks like i'll have one around fall time

I'm selling the idea of using my old unit as my media front end. Seems to be working well enough

thinking the same thing... but just moving my old 360 into the bedroom to stream movies there and new one in the living room to stream movies

Why can't they just fix the overheating problems? I mean the PS3 and the Wii don't die from overheating. I guess a warning light is better then nothing, but it just seems kind of ridiculous that this would still be an issue after a major revision...

EDIT: Or am I reading this wrong?

Honestly, from an engineering perspective- they've probably corrected the overheating problems as much as possible (or as much as the accountants will let them)- but still put that in as a last ditch protection mode just in case. Current computers processors do that too- shut down when overheating or throttle their clock speeds back to prevent damage- but they're not supposed to ever have to. If I was on the engineering team redesigning the 360, I would have done the same thing- prepare for the worst, then go one step further to prevent the worst from happening. You can't guard against every single installation environment that a consumer might put your device in. Some retard might wrap it in a towel and then throw it in an entertainment center with no ventilation.

it'll probably be the arcade version basically.. hopefully it just comes w/ a smaller hard drive, but still has WiFi

Press releases have stated that this is the case- different versions will have different size hard drives with all other features being the same.

Honestly, from an engineering perspective- they've probably corrected the overheating problems as much as possible (or as much as the accountants will let them)- but still put that in as a last ditch protection mode just in case. Current computers processors do that too- shut down when overheating or throttle their clock speeds back to prevent damage- but they're not supposed to ever have to. If I was on the engineering team redesigning the 360, I would have done the same thing- prepare for the worst, then go one step further to prevent the worst from happening. You can't guard against every single installation environment that a consumer might put your device in. Some retard might wrap it in a towel and then throw it in an entertainment center with no ventilation.

My thoughts exactly.

my buddy bought the new xbox 360 yesterday and he says its alot quiter than his elite. and the controller is lighter. overall he likes the new xbox 360

That's good to hear. That's one thing I always hated about my 360, it's so loud...

That's good to hear. That's one thing I always hated about my 360, it's so loud...

I think MS may try pushing the media center aspect of the 360 more now. Less noise polution and it looks even better than the 360. I mean the 360 looks five times better than the OG Xbox but that wasnt to hard to accomplish.

i just saw the slim at costco for 299...im gonna try and sell my 360 so i can get one

Back