New Xbox Announcement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I used my next gen console savings to buy a new road bike. I am going to wait a few months after launch to make a decision. I'll probably go with the X1 for the other entertainment features.

I personally think the ps4 will be my next gen console choice, not only $100 cheaper, doesnt have to be connected to the internet at all times, = graphics, able to play used and ps2/3 games, seems like just a all around win compared to the xbox one

i'm gonna get the X1, but not right away.. maybe around tax season

Price dif: meh, if i can afford $400, i can afford $500
Internet: i'm always connected anyways, nothing different there
Backwards Compatability: Never did i play another Xbox game once i got my 360.. chances are it'll happen to the 360 too.. why would i want to play old games if i have something newer and better?
Used games: i tend to buy new games only anyways

what if your friend wants to bring a game over like "check this out dude" not happening, its storming and the internet goes out, nope not playing, I have no problem buying titles and having them forever , I PC game through steam, I pay for it one time and its mine forever, but I only buy titles I know are going to be good and or allready have had on the console, lets say you take a risk and buy a new xbox game, and it sucks, well sorry bub, your stuck with it

= poop A for effort, but still not up to par with ps4/xbox 1

Have you played the Wii U? It's fucking awesome fun. The Xbox 1 and Ps4 is just more of the same shit, with better graphics. Nintendo's really the only system that actually innovates anymore.

Have you played the Wii U? It's fucking awesome fun. The Xbox 1 and Ps4 is just more of the same shit, with better graphics. Nintendo's really the only system that actually innovates anymore.

yea but the graphics on the wii u are stuff the 360 and ps3 were allready doing, controller battery life is shit, its cool and all, but deff not up to par with next gen consoles

what if your friend wants to bring a game over like "check this out dude" not happening, its storming and the internet goes out, nope not playing, I have no problem buying titles and having them forever , I PC game through steam, I pay for it one time and its mine forever, but I only buy titles I know are going to be good and or allready have had on the console, lets say you take a risk and buy a new xbox game, and it sucks, well sorry bub, your stuck with it

How is the PC game lending working out for you through Steam? Also, Steam uses DRM as well. I know that Valve has told everyone if they ever shut the service down they will unlock all of your content but that is not guarantee. Steam has a lot of the same anti-consumer practices that Microsoft is putting forth. Hell its where they probably got the idea. The really big upshot to Steam is the awesome deals they put out and with the PC in general you have more sources for content. But it is not exactly the holy grail of content distribution in my opinion. Also you can give 10 people access to your XB1 library by the way.

How is the PC game lending working out for you through Steam? Also, Steam uses DRM as well. I know that Valve has told everyone if they ever shut the service down they will unlock all of your content but that is not guarantee. Steam has a lot of the same anti-consumer practices that Microsoft is putting forth. Hell its where they probably got the idea. The really big upshot to Steam is the awesome deals they put out and with the PC in general you have more sources for content. But it is not exactly the holy grail of content distribution in my opinion. Also you can give 10 people access to your XB1 library by the way.

I really only like steam for the dedicated servers

i'm gonna get the X1, but not right away.. maybe around tax season

Price dif: meh, if i can afford $400, i can afford $500
Internet: i'm always connected anyways, nothing different there
Backwards Compatability: Never did i play another Xbox game once i got my 360.. chances are it'll happen to the 360 too.. why would i want to play old games if i have something newer and better?
Used games: i tend to buy new games only anyways

More or less my thoughts on the matter.

i'm 33, most of my friend dont even play games.. if they do, we usually play the same thing

not once have i ever had the internet go out during a storm... power, yes.. but whos gonna be playing anything then.. internet does drop, who cares.. i'll go plant a garden or do something productive..

i dont buy random games because they might be cool, i buy games because i know i'll like them.. thats why my game list is about 5 games

I personally think the ps4 will be my next gen console choice, not only $100 cheaper, doesnt have to be connected to the internet at all times, = graphics, able to play used and ps2/3 games, seems like just a all around win compared to the xbox one

The PS4 won't play PS2/3 games. That's been confirmed for months now. Xbox One won't play 360 or Xbox games either...

In a way, yes, but their "innovation" always causes problems for them too. Their systems always have some strange gimmick (motion control, tablet controller, whatever) and they are always underpowered. This is why Nintendo's platforms are largely ignored by the developers outside of Nintendo's own exclusive studios.

If you LOVE Nintendo's exclusive games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.), then sure, get a Nintendo system. If you want to play the big 3rd party games though, then Nintendo is not the way to go. They either get a crappy port or no port at all...

That is true that they don't get most games. I've never been one for spending $60 on a new game that is just an exact copy of last year's game with new stages. I was very disappointed with the nintendo Wii, but so far playing the Wii U, it's just awesome. So far there's been very few games that require touch screen action, and when it does, it's not particularly terrible. A great feature is multiplayer, with one player utilizing the controller screen, and the others using the Tv. It brings out lots of possibilities. But i'm one of those that prefers playing with friends in person instead of over the internet.

Back