newbe needs help with a motor swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no_money_cx

civic newbe
Hey guys im very new to Honda's. I bought a 92 CX for $1,500. It runs but smokes like "Cheech & Chong" , Also Backfires like a bitch. so instead of putting the money to fix it. i rather just swap it. im looken to swap in a D16 Vtech. But have no clue how to wire up Vtech, if the mounts are the same, or if the stock cx trans will bolt up or not. So i was wondering if you guys could help me and guide me in the right direction.Thanks

Hey guys im very new to Honda's. I bought a 92 CX for $1,500. It runs but smokes like "Cheech & Chong" , Also Backfires like a bitch. so instead of putting the money to fix it. i rather just swap it. im looken to swap in a D16 Vtech. But have no clue how to wire up Vtech, if the mounts are the same, or if the stock cx trans will bolt up or not. So i was wondering if you guys could help me and guide me in the right direction.Thanks
D16z6 VTEC...yes mounts will be the same..and yes all d-series transmissions are interchangeable, and as far as the clutches i have done so far have been too..my buddy had a ZC and we put a clutch from my d16z6 in it....

thanks. how would i wire up vtec?
you are in luck by having a 92 model - the wires for the VTEC are already in the chassis harness from the ECU to the engine bay - on the passenger side, find the 14-wire connector coming from the firewall - the orange/white wire in the chassis side of that connector is for the VTEC spool solenoid and the orange/blue is for the VTEC pressure switch - just run wires with pins to the engine harness side of the connector - green/yellow from spool valve to orange/white - blue/black from pressure switch to orange/blue - connect the black wire from pressure switch to ground

you are in luck by having a 92 model - the wires for the VTEC are already in the chassis harness from the ECU to the engine bay - on the passenger side, find the 14-wire connector coming from the firewall - the orange/white wire in the chassis side of that connector is for the VTEC spool solenoid and the orange/blue is for the VTEC pressure switch - just run wires with pins to the engine harness side of the connector - green/yellow from spool valve to orange/white - blue/black from pressure switch to orange/blue - connect the black wire from pressure switch to ground
:thumbsup: that is right.if you can pull some pins from a old civic shocktower, with some wire, and take out the little rubber grommet and repinned those two and then run the wire, it looks more professional then splicing in.

hey i need help to i got a d16z6 on ap07 ecu whats the difference between that an a p28

First of all, don't thread-jack please.

Secondly, the P07 is meant for the Civic VX, which has a slightly different type of VTEC. I don't know why they would have used that ECU on a Z6, but you'd be better off with a P28...

Back