1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbe needs help with a motor swap.

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by no_money_cx, May 26, 2008.

1. no_money_cx

no_money_cx civic newbe

Hey guys im very new to Honda's. I bought a 92 CX for $1,500. It runs but smokes like "Cheech & Chong" , Also Backfires like a bitch. so instead of putting the money to fix it. i rather just swap it. im looken to swap in a D16 Vtech. But have no clue how to wire up Vtech, if the mounts are the same, or if the stock cx trans will bolt up or not. So i was wondering if you guys could help me and guide me in the right direction.Thanks

2. delsolcharlie

delsolcharlie New Member

D16z6 VTEC...yes mounts will be the same..and yes all d-series transmissions are interchangeable, and as far as the clutches i have done so far have been too..my buddy had a ZC and we put a clutch from my d16z6 in it....

3. no_money_cx

no_money_cx civic newbe

thanks. how would i wire up vtec?

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

you are in luck by having a 92 model - the wires for the VTEC are already in the chassis harness from the ECU to the engine bay - on the passenger side, find the 14-wire connector coming from the firewall - the orange/white wire in the chassis side of that connector is for the VTEC spool solenoid and the orange/blue is for the VTEC pressure switch - just run wires with pins to the engine harness side of the connector - green/yellow from spool valve to orange/white - blue/black from pressure switch to orange/blue - connect the black wire from pressure switch to ground

1 person likes this.
  5. delsolcharlie

delsolcharlie New Member

:thumbsup: that is right.if you can pull some pins from a old civic shocktower, with some wire, and take out the little rubber grommet and repinned those two and then run the wire, it looks more professional then splicing in.

6. elchach714

elchach714 New Member

hey i need help to i got a d16z6 on ap07 ecu whats the difference between that an a p28

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

First of all, don't thread-jack please.

Secondly, the P07 is meant for the Civic VX, which has a slightly different type of VTEC. I don't know why they would have used that ECU on a Z6, but you'd be better off with a P28...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted