newbee asking LOTS of questions!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89teg4me

Hello and good heath to all,
I am making my first post and begging for guideance and information.
First I have a 89 integra 5sp D16A1. The motor is bad. May or may not be buildable. Previous owner (son-in-law) ran it out of oil. I am looking to make a project car out of it. I realize that, for durability and availability I might be best off going to a B series. I am thinking B18C5 with transmission and all. This would be a hydralic trans if I understand correctly what i have been reading. I am concerned with other posts i have been reading in that it sounds like i would be best off with a cable trans (and engine to match).
which engine am i best off with, the d16a1, b18c5, or are there better choices?
What else will I need to come up with to make the fit?
I will stop the questions to keep from leaving too long a post. Thanks in advance for any and all information.

Type Arrrrrr all the way :). If you want an easy, straight awap, check out a ZC. they are dirt cheap and it is basically the same motor you have in the Teg now, but its 130 hp. One of those can be had for around $500. If you are gonna go for the B series and don't wanna mess with building it up a lot, id go for the type r and call it a day.

What about the h22a? They look to be cheaper. Are these thoughts possible? I would really like to end up with a Vtec engine!
Thanks

Tech post in members lounge???

*shoots self in face*

yea, its getting to be a tech post, i'd say head to the Hybrid-DA forum and start a new thread. i answered the last Q just because it was in with your first post anyways. as far as the H22, too much work for what you will get out of it.

oh yea and welcome to HS:)

welcome to the swap...

Back