Newbee needing guidance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrypticDrummer

What I know is what I was told by the previous owner. I bought this car as is. It's a 1988 Civic Hatchback with a 95 VTEC with a Single overhead cam & 5 speed manual transmission. It has full custom exhaust, cold air intake, fuel pressure regulator and cam gear.
This car has run flawless since I bought it 2 years ago. Only thing I have done is change the oil, tires and last week, the plugs.
Couple of questions. How do I tell what motor I have? Where can I get a good wiring diagram (if one exists for my situation)?

Why am I asking this? Because after I slammed into an ungodly huge pothole yesterday, now my turn signals and tachometer are not working and my motor is running like complete shit (I have resorted to my mustang as my means of transportation now. Please dont get upset) I tried looking for anything obvious, but I am not an electrician and since all the wiring is custom due to the swap, I have no idea where to begin.

If anyone could assist me, provide a reference to someone who could troubleshoot (I live near Charlotte,NC) or wants to buy the car, it would be greatly appreciated.

You could do a search on this site for help. Go buy a manual if you want a wire diagrham. and the top left little square on your block under your distributor is your engine its prob covered in grease.

Yup, check on the block to the left of the exhaust manifold, It should have the engine code stamped in there, something like D16Y8 etc. Then search for the engines wiring diagram on here, and you should come up with something, if not PM me and ill find it for you.

If you've got the 95 SOHC VTEC swap, then you probably have the D16Z6 engine. Look around here for a wiring diagram as the other guys have said, or you could order a Helms manual (wiring) to sort things out. ALLDATA is a good resource too, but it's online only.

Back