Newbie Header Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

Hey guys, well i was talking to my friend ( drives a 11.7second GSR Turbo Ef civic) and he was gunna sell me his old DC sports 4-1 header saying i would get more torque than a 4-2-1, i was under the impresion that 4-1 = more hp and
4-2-1 = more trq, its for my b18a in my CRX, i know i want the header that produces more torque than hp, but which is it , 4-2-1 or 4-1. thanks

well first of all, just so you don't sound like an idiot, torque and horsepower are the same measurement, with one in terms of RPM. Consult howstuffworks.com and look at the articles on it if your really interested.

Secondly, the 4-2-1 header will give you more low end power, while the 4-1 header will maximize your high end power. It depends if youd like more torque off the line (1-5k RPM) or screaming high (5+k RPM)

I hope that helped. In any case, the header is a good upgrade.

you already have a B18 (pretty torquey motor) in a CRX (very light car)
there is such thing as too much low end power
this will produce nothing but wheel spin
i would suggest getting the 4-1

Ya, i knew the trq = hp, and all that, i just wanted to know what would b the best for my application. and so far my tires are t1-s so fairly sticky as street tires go, but i just want more flow. I got cai( with a ram thing) and good 2.1/4" exhaust ( heard that was perfect for a b18a(no forced induction). later ill b going to get stage 2 crowers somecam gears and all that, i wanna get it into 13's all motor. but its gunna b tough. thx for help all. cya

head work head work and more head work willl get you in the 13s.
get the 4-1
get head work, ported, valve train, and get a b16 or itr tranny (closer geared) and you should hit 13s no problem

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Apr 9 2003, 12:44 AM
i wanna get it into 13's all motor. but its gunna b tough. thx for help all. cya

hey thats my goal too!!! :D

Back