1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie here Need Help..

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 89EFSedan, May 21, 2008.

1. 89EFSedan

89EFSedan New Member

Hello to all...ok im new to this forum, and im semi new to hondas. this is my first time trying to swap engines, my engine of choice is a b16a engine. my first question, is there any method to putting the motor in? does the tranny go in first? or ? the car is a 89 honda civic sedan. second question is wiring, it already has the mpfi done to it, now as far as wiring for the vtec and knock sensor how will i go about doing so? i have searched the forum for a how to, but couldnt seem to find a good write up. so if anyone could point me into the right direction i would gladly appreciate it! thanks in advance for all the future help.

2. 92civicboost

92civicboost New Member

Ok first off u picked a sleeper car to put it in so congrats haha. 2nd what is the motor obdo obd1 obd2? wiring for the vtec n knock sensor n all that u can look up on google or whatever as Honda EF pinout ECU here is a link..

http://www.fourthgenhatch.net/photos/zc/88_integra_ecu_pinout_small.gif
    http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.88-91.jpg

U cant run an after market exhaust manifold on that without getting like a avid traction bar n also u may need to cut off the front mount off stock traction bar if your not going to get a after market traction bar.. Also th eavid traction bar comes with mounts to run the half size radiator so thats a big plus.. Drop motor in from top n take off your hood. Just work it back and forth n have fun putting on that T bracket haha.. the axles just slide in and out u may have to pull have or push a little hard to get them in and out but they dont take that much force. Keep the suspension apart when u do the swap n also take out your Radiator unless u wanna fuck it all up.. UM if you have any ?'s email me at awcclm04@aol.com

Last edited: May 22, 2008
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted