newbie need help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rad15e

i have a 91 integra that i race ,car has never given my any problem much but my last time to the races the car was setting at idle and just died,i've checked all the fuses under and found nothing,i did find the fuel relay didn't seem to be working,after replacing the relay still nothing,i took the ecu cover of and the lite is not on at all like theres no juice ,i do have current to all the gages and car does turn over,i did try anouther ecu and still nothing,is there another relay under the dash that would kill things,any help would be a great help,this is a b18 motor,thanks

i have a 91 integra that i race ,car has never given my any problem much but my last time to the races the car was setting at idle and just died,i've checked all the fuses under and found nothing,i did find the fuel relay didn't seem to be working,after replacing the relay still nothing,i took the ecu cover of and the lite is not on at all like theres no juice ,i do have current to all the gages and car does turn over,i did try anouther ecu and still nothing,is there another relay under the dash that would kill things,any help would be a great help,this is a b18 motor,thanks
check the #10 fuse thats the ECU fuse, check if its blown that causes the same affect.
also check if their is spark it could be the Distubitor is out.
And also check if theirs and fuel pressure to check if your Fuel Pump is working.
Let me know if you know how to do any of these things if you dont hit me up ill help you out goood luck..^_^

thanks i'll try the things tomorrow i'm already pretty shure the fuel pump is not running because i can't here the fuel relay working like it should

its actually not the relay your listening for, your listening for the fuel pump priming the lines so you can start the car.

checked all the fuses under the dash,the big 40 amp fuse was good and the smaller fuses were as well,couldn,t find anything that looked bad in the dist.,button was good ,shaft wasn't loose ,no burnt places that i could see,have current in 1 wire going to the dist in the small plug but thats all i think it was yellow not shure,nothing to the ecu-i've tried 2 ecu's and no lite in either i've checked all the grounds i could find and nothing loose,could it be a wire thats come unpluged that i havn't found,unless it is the dist. i get the feeling its something simple just havn't tracked it down yet,like i said this is a racecar,everythink that wasn't needed was taken off,but its been running great for almost a year

did you check the dizzy, check if it sparks. it could be you dizzy.
after you check your dizzy check for timming maybe you jumped some teeth make sure the crank pulley and the cams aling. let me know

My car did the same shit to me. I had a blown ECU fuse and my dist was bad. Replaced the fuse and the dist and it fired right up.:thumbsup:

i do have a buddy that has a fast race car but i built it to lol go figure,looking at the dizzy today

i found it,the ground wire from motor to frame was broke inside the shield where you couldn't see it,must have been just touching enought to let it run,replaced it with a heavier type and things back to normal- thanks

hells yeah now maybe i'll go check my uncles R and see if thats what the problem is...
hes been pissed about it for many a day this past week

Back