Newbie needing direction!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jsmith87

I recently sold my mustang, and have picked up a 93 civic with a d16z6, and also a 94 integra with a b18.
I have a child on the way and my fiancé advised me to get a 4 door car that was good on gas so I said okay and bought 2. This is where my problem is. The b18 has a terrible valve cover leak. It has been neglected for so long that when I got underneath the vehicle there was oil all over my two rear calipers. The suspenion in the integra is also shot, and only the driver door controls work, and the rear passenger door won't open... The body is also spray painted w.The d16 is a nice clean engine with no leaks or knocks but it just seems so weak in 2nd gear. Maybe I am just not used to such a small sohc engine but I want to know if there is something I can do about that right now just to make it a more comfortable daily. My real question is should I keep the d16z6 and do like the vitara build or should I go with the b18 and do like an ls vtec swap. Keep In mind I am wanting to use the civic chassis. Just let me know what you would do in my situation and let me know what is going to be more cost effective.

If it's truly just a valve cover leak, then a new gasket should remedy that problem. Sounds like the Integra's chassis is beat. I would pull the engine and get rid of it. As for what build to do, how much power do you want, what's your budget, and what's your mechanical ability?

I'm not too honda savvy, but budget is not an issue realistically because it's not something I have to do with either engine over night. I have both vehicles running now, and can just drive the one that's engine isnt being built until I get her finished. I can fix this oil leak pretty easily in the b18 im certain, i bought it off a guy that didnt have a clue for $600, i had seen blocks for the b18 goin for nearly that on ebay. I want legitimate power. I'm used to a whole lot, but I've never really built a tuner even though my first vehicle was a s13 hatch. I can turn a wrench and I bought two vehicles so that I could really take my time and build one right. I guess you could say I take direction well.

do a tune up on the D16z6 for a daily driver, then overhaul the interga.

Back