Newbie Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

As a few may know I just bought a 1993 LS Special Eddition Integra which is wrecked, all I need is the engine and transmission along with some other minor parts, as far as the engine swap goes, it is the same engine will it go right in my 1990 LS Integra? If not please let me know what I need to do so it is an easy swap. Please dont flame me at all for this... I've heard that maybe the OBD is different, if so do I just take the ECU out of the 93'?

Wouldn't he need to do some wiring to match his OBD,if he's going forward with the ECU?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 8 2003, 04:33 PM
Wouldn't he need to do some wiring to match his OBD,if he's going forward with the ECU?

:withstupid:

hes gunna need a conversion harness made (if they even exist for OBD-0 to OBD-1)
or hes gunna have to do a shit load of rewiring to make it work

s3deaaafc945f5.jpg

the plugs arent even remotly similar

That's what I was trying to say, woud that be easier? Does anyone have a list of parts I need from it?

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Apr 9 2003, 05:27 PM
Does it really matter it's the same motor, what will happen if you dont change ECU's.

He can't use the 93 ECU,if you look at the picture provided by E_solsi you will see that it won't plug into his cars ECU plugs.There is no need to do all that rewiring the car shit.Use your 90 ECU.

Just pull off the injectors,distributor,and other assorted electronic components that connect to your 90 engine wiring harness and put them on the 93 motor.Basically just turning it from a 93 LS motor to a 90 LS motor,then bolt it into your car,plug it all up and go.I misread it,I thought you were putting the 90 into a 93.

I agree with 92b16vx, just put the 93 motor in the 90 car, there is no difference except for the distibutors. Just use the 1990 dist. on the 93 motor. Other than that, Nothing has to be changed. But if you REALLY want to, use the 1993 harness in the 1990 car. :beer:

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Apr 10 2003, 11:08 AM
So basically use the block and HEad from the 93' and re-use my 90 IM and Dist???

kid your sig is ridiculous

This site is actually useful unlike altimas.net... I have a 1995 Nissan Altima GXe also and I went to that site, it sucked they are all assholes. hondaswap.com Rules! :worthy:

Back