Newbie question..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freakie

I have tried to search for a particular answer, but I havent found what im looking for.

If there is actually information that I could have found on a search I apologise in advance.

My question refers to a b18c5 being swapped into an EG d16a chassis 1992 model.

Being odb1 with the d16a, Im abit lost as to how to overcome the swap when it comes to wiring in the ecu for the odb2 engine. Can this be over come? does anyone have a pic by pic matrix of how this can be done? Im actually willing topay for intellectual help :)

Regards

there are made obd2-obd1 harnesses, and so i assume there are also made obd1-obd2 harnesses. i'm not sure where, but somebody will know where you can find one.

The only plugs that are different are the distributor plugs and the injectors. Other than that, everything should be the same. Get an obd1 distributor (or rewire the obd2, the wires are all the same color) and obd1 injectors. Then just plug in your obd1 harness. Nothing too complicated.

As far as the ECU, don't waste money on an obd1-obd2 jumper. The obd2 ecu is crap. Just chip your P28 that should already be in the car.

If you want, you can pm me on AIM (greyfades) with questions.

If you are installing a USDM B18C5 and it came with the wiring harness, use that. Then get a P28 chipped to the ITR specs, as you don't have a P28 with a D16A. Where are you?

Also you may have an Alternator issue, I did and was told that I could use one from a 92 or 93 GSR (B17A1). The problem with the B18C5 Alternator is that the plugs are different,so just use that one

Originally posted by Johnnylawless@Jan 17 2005, 08:20 AM
Also you may have an Alternator issue, I did and was told that I could use one from a 92 or 93 GSR (B17A1). The problem with the B18C5 Alternator is that the plugs are different,so just use that one
[post=446728]Quoted post[/post]​

I believe it depends on the year of the C5, I want to say 98+ has four, maybe not though.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 17 2005, 02:33 AM-->
Johnnylawless
@Jan 17 2005, 08:20 AM
[post=446728]Quoted post[/post]​

I believe it depends on the year of the C5, I want to say 98+ has four, maybe not though.
[post=446731]Quoted post[/post]​

Hi guys,

Im overwhelemed with the responses. I know 5 doesnt sound like alot, but it means alot to me.

I am located in Australia, and this swap is not a common one. The engine is a b18c (type R) from a JDM ITR. I have the whole chassis intact with engine, engine loom, and gearbox etc. IE I can get everything from the original car.

Im unsure as to how to change the odb2 to 1 wiring for the distributor. If the injectors are different for the plugs aprt of that, I can run the older b18c GSR fuel rail that has the older clips and change them.

Does anyone have pics of how the odb2 to 1 dizzy is changed? should i just buy an odb1 gsr dizzy and use that?

if anyone has pics of this swap in action in a matrix Id be willing to pay for this information.

civicious: I dont use AIM do you have MSN or ICQ?

If you have the ITR use it's harness, it plugs right into your Civic at the shock towers.

Hey how did you get that moving graphic of the car where your picture goes? That is tight! I want one :)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 18 2005, 01:48 PM
If you have the ITR use it's harness, it plugs right into your Civic at the shock towers.
[post=447450]Quoted post[/post]​

My controls on the top right corner of the page to Edit Avatar Settings on the left hand side column.

Back