Newbie so bare with me.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accord-ing_2who

Hey all. I just bought a 93 civic and i have some more money to play with so i have decided to get a motor swap. Just some quick questions.
1. I dont know which engine to get from hmotorsonline. b16a or b18c?
2. I dont want an engine that has high mileage so should i get a newer engine?
3. I want to get atleast 250hp. How would i acheive this and still be street legal?
Turbo with built block and head? And new cam and valvetrain,fuel, ignition upgrade etc.?

I dont really think i will be at the track that often so time slips dont matter to me. I just want something for me and everyday driving. Ya know? Or is all this a little much for a streetable car?

Any help would be great!

I only had 185whp in my Civic (about 220 crank) and it was a blast. Fast enough to torch almost everything out there that wasn't modified, even C5 Corvettes (not from the line) and Mustang Cobras. If you boost to 250whp (not hard to get to at all) you'll be able to roast a good bit of the modified V8 crowd.

Yeah, go with the 1.8 for sure, it's a better starting point with displacement if going on motor. A used jdm engine will have low mileage anyways.

Milan

Great. thanks guys. I was thinking that i should save a lil more and get the b18. hmotorsonline pretty much comes with everything needed. but will anything need to be modified? or will everything just bolt in?

yes you will need new mounts but 95% of the time they come with the engines (the ones that came on that integras engine)

oh ok. doesnt sound too difficult. before i got the civic i was just thinking about putting a h22 in my 6gen accord. I know its been done before but i heard it was a bitch doing the swap. For the price of install i coulda had another car! which i now do!

Back