newbie to honda's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kimmieangelbear

i am new to honda i recently bought a 2007 honda civic lx only then after i bought it did i come across the si so instead of trading and digging myself a hole can anyone suggest some nice modifications to the body and under the hood

i am new to honda i recently bought a 2007 honda civic lx only then after i bought it did i come across the si so instead of trading and digging myself a hole can anyone suggest some nice modifications to the body and under the hood

Unfortunately there's not really a whole lot you can do to that motor to make it fast. Intake and exhaust is pretty much the only thing available at this point. It's got some weird exhaust manifold that's built into the head, so you can't even do a header. I don't see that motor ever really lending itself much to the after-market, although I suppose a custom turbo setup might be possible.

What's your budget? A K swap would be the best choice, but it's gonna cost mega bucks and void your warranty.

fuck that sucks guy. u didnt do your research, i bought a car the same way, only i got luck and pickt a ride way better than i could have hoped for.

Unfortunately there's not really a whole lot you can do to that motor to make it fast. Intake and exhaust is pretty much the only thing available at this point. It's got some weird exhaust manifold that's built into the head, so you can't even do a header. I don't see that motor ever really lending itself much to the after-market, although I suppose a custom turbo setup might be possible.

What's your budget? A K swap would be the best choice, but it's gonna cost mega bucks and void your warranty.

It does seem possible for some kind of turbo setup on that. The upper half of the header is part of the head and the down pipe bolts to that. You could have an adapter plate made to bolt the turbo directly to the head. But again like Brutal said this will aslo void your warranty, and I believe any sort of after market intake, exhaust, if its not factory Honda may void your warranty as well. Just drive the car how for a DD and wait and buy something with a bigger aftermarket following.

An exhaust manifold upgrade will be possible once a manufacturer makes one available to the public. All exhaust manifolds bolt to the head. With your engine, you will most likely have to remove some covers to reveal the bolts. Even then you may have to use an extension when removing the bolts.

Ok this should have been asked 1st!!! what price range are you trying to stay around? Being as you just got the car, do you still want the warranty or that doesn't matter to you? Also... Being as you want to add mods to your car is this your 1st? If not do you know how to drive a car with power? I'm not trying to be an a$$ but alot of things can be done you just aint experienced enough for it.

An exhaust manifold upgrade will be possible once a manufacturer makes one available to the public. All exhaust manifolds bolt to the head. With your engine, you will most likely have to remove some covers to reveal the bolts. Even then you may have to use an extension when removing the bolts.

Are you sure about that? We're talking about the new R18 Civic engines here. From what I've read the upper portion of the manifold is actually built into the head, meaning the only thing you'd see coming off of the head is a single exhaust port. From my understanding it's not something where you can just remove the valve cover and reveal the manifold.

Correct me if I'm wrong though...

EDIT: Here's a picture of the thing...

Honda_R18A_Engine.JPG

I can't really tell what's going on there. I suppose it might lend itself to some kind of aftermarket manifold, but if everything you see there is actually part of the head, then probably not. It would however, lend itself nicely to an aftermarket turbo setup.

Last edited:
Back