Newbie with a 1991 Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wpeps1991SI

Hey all, this is my first post. I live in the beautiful Chicagoland, and I just got my hands on a red 1991 civic si for free. It runs pretty much fine (minus a few rattles and a sticky clutch). But I am really interested in tuning this puppy up and getting it to roar. As is, it have a performance air filter and muffler, but thats about it.

My brother and dad know a lot about cars and can help me with the body work and getting it to look pretty. But the technical aspects are new to me. My main question to start is, what is the most reasonable engine upgrade for this chassis? It seems like most people try a DOHC like a B16A, but would more powerful B18C5 fit in? I sorta need help to start my search, so please respond. :cool:

LSD Motorsports: Honda

get a new clutch form these guys. also hit up ebay for a ram air intake, header, racing cat, and a full 2.5" cat back exhaust. and maybe upgrade the suspension and struts. put some small, lightweight wheels on it and be done. and make sure all your basic stuff if in working order, i.e. dizzy, spark plugs and wires, o2 sensor, oil change, radiator fluid. you will see a nice little difference. once u learn more about the engines n stuff maybe try to do a motor swap or turbo.
OR you can sell that car to me bc i want a hatch/ crx of that year too lol.
http://lsdmotorsports.com/merchant2...name=LSD Clutch Kits&Category_Code=L200-Honda

Back