Newbie With A Prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DiGiTal66

i had a crx before, but i built and sold that, then decided to go with a Prelude. If i buy just a H22(?) block (vtec right?) will it bolt right into a 92 Prelude si. i know the harness will have to be modified cuz of the vtec, but will my tranny, engine mounts, clutch cable, shift linkage, axles etc. etc. be a plugnplay type of situation. be kind on me fellows, crossing over from D series, to B series, and now to H series is kinda harsh on me. Thanx a ton to whoever responds.
Dan

ok... a couple things.

the prelude doesnt have a cable clutch, it's hydraulic. you can use your Si tranny, Si axles blah blah blah all of it, you can use it. you won't need mounts or any of that. all you will need is an h22a(1) long block, distributor and ecu. that and of course you will need to wire it up for vtec.

plug-n-play? yes, very much so.

you can go here to order everything you will need, the cost will most likely be around 1500 give or take after shipping. i would reccomend getting a JDM H22A over a USDM because they are generally cheaper, have less miles and also come with a couple more HP (10). i hope this answers your questions.

Zac

My JDM distributor had an internal coil. The local parts store was able to find the correct cap for it. Also, and I don't know about your prelude, you might need to run a "hot wire" to your coil inside the distributor. I tapped into the wire that was already going into the distributor, because my accord prelude swap didn't have all the plugs line up. You may not need to do that.

There aren't any major differences between the USDM and JDM H22's. Like tab said, the distributors are different (USDM=external, JDM=internal), but that's about it.

Run a wire for the VTEC pressure sender. Run a wire for the VTEC solenoid. That's it.

Check a pinout for a P13 ECU on where to run the wire.

Back