newb's Camaro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Good lookin car! Had a friend that had a 97. I did like the headlights better than the 98+, but they're nice none the less. It had an lt1 in it. The thing would kick ass. He was friends with the guy that was selling it to him, and he was letting him drive it until he got the loan, too bad he never mentioned anything about salvage title...

Glad to hear that you are gonna build the ls1. I am curious to see what it runs after all said and done.

My buddy had a 93 firebird with an lt1 in it. Cat-back exhaust, and a cold air intake, I was pretty impressed with the power of that car shockingly enough.

Its teh enemy!!!

chevyEmblem.jpg

Newb you basterd!!!

lol

WTF? Well my photobucket account was deleted, I reload the pics later.

FIXED

Last edited:
A set of "241" heads I picked up for dirt cheap. Theyre still a stock LS1 casting, but theyre a revised version. They flow slightly better than my "853" heads now. But, none of that matters since these are gettin sent for "stage 2.5" CNC port work, and have the chambers cut down. I got the heads with valves, and 2 sets of springs, retainers and locks.

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

When all is said and done theyll have 5 angle seats, and flow about 310-315 CFM @ 0.600 lift on the intake side. That aughta compliment my MS3 pretty nice.

UPDATE:

I bought a 6.0L LQ4 for the car. Its got the lowest compression out of the 6.0 LSx variants, so its gettin fresh rings and bearings, shot peened rods, Im gunna send the cam out for re-grinding, then its gettin some boost. All said and done Ill be lookin at about 2 grand in parts, so it Im gunna push it a lil and go for 500-525 RWHP. If it blows, at least it wont be a major loss. Good thing Ive got a spare rear end to use when I scatter the one thats in the car lol.

representin' puyallups finest :thumbsup:

i'll have to meet up and check it out when you are done.

are you going to go to the golden gardens nissan meet? i know it's not a nissan, but theres a shitload of people there. probably a few hundred cars too...and it's at the beach.

I didnt even know there was one. I heard about the Honda meet up there, but I think I missed that one.When is it?

Got some SS wheels this weekend. Theyve got Mickey Thompson ET Streets on the back, and Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front.. The ET's hook like nobodies bussiness, and I must say I love it. Ive only got a few pics, I just threw em on to test em. The tires are gunna get taken off, and Im takin the wheels to my powder coater to get finished in satin black.

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

Update on the suspension: I ordered all the mounts for the front end today. I still need to order shocks, but hopefully itll all be goin under the car next weekend.

Well, Ive been lazy with the suspension, but I have been makin progress.

Wing and berger panel in semi gloss black. Its a bad pic that I took at night, but you get the idea.
IMG_0997-1.jpg

KYB AGX's, Strano Springs, and the front strut mounts.
IMG_0999.jpg

I need some spring perch isolators then itll be set to put togather.

Finally, my favorite part, the newish shoes.
IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Alright another update. A few weeks late. Strano springs and KYB AGX's at all four corners.
Before
IMG_1032.jpg

After
IMG_1033.jpg

Ride is awesome, better than before. It handles like its on rails, despite the DR's in back. It transfers weight immidiatly, no tire spin or wheel hop what so ever. Ive got a set of Eibachs, Im gunna use the fronts to bring the ride down a bit. They are a bit softer than the Stranos so Ill be sacrificing a lil ride quality, but I can tune some of that out with the shocks. It should have a nice uniform look afterwords.

Next update will be Patriot stage 2 heads, FAST 90 combo, and the MS3. Along with my 450 horse dyno slip. :)

Ya no joke. Im thinkin Ill be better off just waiting until I can order the trans and stall. Then do it all at once.

im not too familiar with american shit but what trans will you be using??
th350?400r?

Back