newb's Camaro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

unless you have a small penis, grey hair, a mid life crisis or a screen name like corvetteguy78, you don't need a corvette. Just work on beefin up a camaro. they look better and just better car all around imo.

aww come on. porsches are for small penis'! The old man stigma is because half the time they're the only ones who can afford them (at least the ones worth having) now you can get a monster C5 if you play your cards right. The screen name... well I've got nothin for that. But as much as I love Camaros Vettes will almost always handle better. I've got a love/have issue with your SS. its a sick ass car but it always reminds me that mine should have been done a long time ago. Im contemplating selling the Si just to fund it! (Any takers)

Last edited:
yes you can turn off torque management but it will drasticalt shorten the life of a stock trans. but will make youe car much faster as it wont be pulling lots of timing at the shifts. If you had a built trans it could take it for a long long time

unless you have a small penis, grey hair, a mid life crisis or a screen name like corvetteguy78, you don't need a corvette. Just work on beefin up a camaro. they look better and just better car all around imo.

Lol, after riding in a DD C5 Vette with >500 horse and a healthy shot of nitrous, I started to want one. Then my buddy ditched a '00 SS for a C5, lowered it and threw some C6 ZO6 wheels on it and made me want one even more. Id only buy one if I had the cash to put down just layin around lol. Until then my car does ok.

aww come on. porsches are for small penis'! The old man stigma is because half the time they're the only ones who can afford them (at least the ones worth having) now you can get a monster C5 if you play your cards right. The screen name... well I've got nothin for that. But as much as I love Camaros Vettes will almost always handle better. I've got a love/have issue with your SS. its a sick ass car but it always reminds me that mine should have been done a long time ago. Im contemplating selling the Si just to fund it! (Any takers)

Ya I finished off all the detail stuff rather quickly, but its far from done. I bought so much shit for it so fast that I need to lay low for a while and get funds togather for my new transmission and stall. By the way, what are some details on yours?

yes you can turn off torque management but it will drasticalt shorten the life of a stock trans. but will make youe car much faster as it wont be pulling lots of timing at the shifts. If you had a built trans it could take it for a long long time

Ok, thats what I thought. I guess I just misread it. I know we already talked about it, but what level 4L60E do you recomend I order from you to run in a car that sees heavy street use with ~3500 stall and ~450 horse? Oh ya, on a side note I was talkin to some one runnin one of your units with a brake. His name is Chris Sterwart, hes runnin a twin turbo Vette with a stock long block into the 9's. Its a red car. Sound fermiliar?

herpdurpadurpadurpdurp going once, twice... sold.

you are now legally binded to give your car to me. Legally!

By the way, what are some details on yours?
I bought the car when I was 14. slowly worked on it from there. more rapidly once the 305 died off.
Its more old tech meets new. Its a 1991 RS with a 70s era 350 bored thirty over (355) GMPP race heads (cant remember the actual model, I snagged the long block from my dads 63' Nova race car) but they've got 2.02, 1.60 valves, COMP double valve springs, Manley retainers, Crane Energizer Aluminum roller rockers, and have been mildly worked over. Its got about 11.5:1 compression forged pistons, an older Crane cam something in the ballpark of .590 lift. and a whole lotta duration. Thats the older tech with that and a high rise intake and 850 double pumper (minus the roller rockers) it made 525HP. I took all that and threw on a ported and polished Holley Stealth Ram up top. BBK twin 58mm throttle body, Accel 40# injectors, stabbed in a MSD Pro Billet distributo with a blaster coil. Looking to bump that 525 up a bit when tuned on my Accel DFI gen 7.

My uncle built the 700R4 to handle the abuse.

The rear end is an 02' SS Auburn 3.42 piece with boxed lower control arms, an SLP sway bar, Adjustable panhard bar, BMR upper bar, adjustable shortened Jegs torque arm and frame connectors. drilled/slotted rotors, stainless lines. The front end is an AJE racing tubular K member with tubular A arms. still need to grab a front sway bar and a strut tower brace. Eibach sport-lines all around on KYBs. Polyurethane bushings on everything. C5 brakes up front once I get the brackets made.

The interior is black leather out of a 2001 TA. plastics are now black. as is the headliner. carpet and door panels will be tan. Dynamat already layed throughout the inside. Decent stereo. Hurst dual gate shifter in the future.

Its going to get a fiberglass L-88 style hood from VFN Fiberglass. 2001 C5 rims wrapped in Nitto 555s. Havent yet decided on which blue I'm going to paint it. leaning on 2004 Commemorative edition Vette paint scheme, My bikes color, WRX or Si blue. Maybe the blue off a 2008 Fit.

Theres a lot more to throw on here but I figure this is long enough. I've got to get more pics in my gallery to show the work so far. Wish I took time to take pics during the build. everythings there for the most part just gotta have time in Columbus and money for the finishing details/tune.

I'll start the bidding at $1.
Congratulations! You just bought yourself a lug nut!

you could get by with the level 4 but i would step up to the level 5 if you are still wanting a brake you will have to step up to a level 6 which has a 300m billet output shaft. As we wont sell a trans with a brake that dosent have a billet output shaft any more. We have so many trans out there not the only ones i rember are the local guys that i meet face to face and they are geting hard to rember also. Just rember with that 3500stall converter you will need a huge cooler as they generate lost of heat and heat is what will kill your trans.

An LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1, I don't see how a Camaro which is heavier is a better all around car than a vette. Personally I love the looks of both Vettes and Maros, but as far as weight and gas, the vette is all around better. Modded the same it'll make the same power, be faster and still get better mileage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the camaro he's got going on, and there is some truth to what you're saying about vettes. But it is an all around better car. Once you get to the realm of 9 second 1/4 mile it doesn't matter anymore though.

Last edited:

really? Coming from a person who owns a 1992 civic talking shit about corvettes lol....i guess that's enough said....

Corvettes are like baseball..they are the all american sports car ....I mean they are not as good as 1992 honda accords but you know...

fyi i have a big dick....email me for pics

really? Coming from a person who owns a 1992 civic talking shit about corvettes lol....i guess that's enough said....
Corvettes are like baseball..they are the all american sports car ....I mean they are not as good as 1992 honda accords but you know...
fyi i have a big dick....email me for pics
I never said you had a small dick. I made an exception to you! see, you're into them because you actually like the car, not just because phil and mary down the street have one, and joe and suzy cruise out in an old school vette every sunday. I'm down with that. I just hate the people that are like "I have more money than brains, and I need somewhere to put it. I'll buy a corvette." those people give a bad name to the car. They're the reason finding a 6spd is so hard. I just like the camaro better. pre 1982. It has a rougher feel to it. Its like driving an old beat up 71 el camino. Just reminds you of good times, you know?

I bought the car when I was 14. slowly worked on it from there. more rapidly once the 305 died off.
Its more old tech meets new. Its a 1991 RS with a 70s era 350 bored thirty over (355) GMPP race heads (cant remember the actual model, I snagged the long block from my dads 63' Nova race car) but they've got 2.02, 1.60 valves, COMP double valve springs, Manley retainers, Crane Energizer Aluminum roller rockers, and have been mildly worked over. Its got about 11.5:1 compression forged pistons, an older Crane cam something in the ballpark of .590 lift. and a whole lotta duration. Thats the older tech with that and a high rise intake and 850 double pumper (minus the roller rockers) it made 525HP. I took all that and threw on a ported and polished Holley Stealth Ram up top. BBK twin 58mm throttle body, Accel 40# injectors, stabbed in a MSD Pro Billet distributo with a blaster coil. Looking to bump that 525 up a bit when tuned on my Accel DFI gen 7.

My uncle built the 700R4 to handle the abuse.

The rear end is an 02' SS Auburn 3.42 piece with boxed lower control arms, an SLP sway bar, Adjustable panhard bar, BMR upper bar, adjustable shortened Jegs torque arm and frame connectors. drilled/slotted rotors, stainless lines. The front end is an AJE racing tubular K member with tubular A arms. still need to grab a front sway bar and a strut tower brace. Eibach sport-lines all around on KYBs. Polyurethane bushings on everything. C5 brakes up front once I get the brackets made.

The interior is black leather out of a 2001 TA. plastics are now black. as is the headliner. carpet and door panels will be tan. Dynamat already layed throughout the inside. Decent stereo. Hurst dual gate shifter in the future.

Its going to get a fiberglass L-88 style hood from VFN Fiberglass. 2001 C5 rims wrapped in Nitto 555s. Havent yet decided on which blue I'm going to paint it. leaning on 2004 Commemorative edition Vette paint scheme, My bikes color, WRX or Si blue. Maybe the blue off a 2008 Fit.

Theres a lot more to throw on here but I figure this is long enough. I've got to get more pics in my gallery to show the work so far. Wish I took time to take pics during the build. everythings there for the most part just gotta have time in Columbus and money for the finishing details/tune.

God damn. Sounds like a bad ass car. I like the way those interior swaps look. I was surprised when I first saw one. I like the blue on the C6's personally.

you could get by with the level 4 but i would step up to the level 5 if you are still wanting a brake you will have to step up to a level 6 which has a 300m billet output shaft. As we wont sell a trans with a brake that dosent have a billet output shaft any more. We have so many trans out there not the only ones i rember are the local guys that i meet face to face and they are geting hard to rember also. Just rember with that 3500stall converter you will need a huge cooler as they generate lost of heat and heat is what will kill your trans.

Ya the brake is must lol, so level 6 it is. I knew I needed a cooler, but what kind do you guys recommend?

I never said you had a small dick. I made an exception to you! see, you're into them because you actually like the car, not just because phil and mary down the street have one, and joe and suzy cruise out in an old school vette every sunday. I'm down with that. I just hate the people that are like "I have more money than brains, and I need somewhere to put it. I'll buy a corvette." those people give a bad name to the car. They're the reason finding a 6spd is so hard. I just like the camaro better. pre 1982. It has a rougher feel to it. Its like driving an old beat up 71 el camino. Just reminds you of good times, you know?

Im with you on that one. You should have seen the Vette club meet at the dealership when I went to sign the papers on my car. It almost made me throw up.

'

didn't really sound like the way you worded your post....but all is good...and yes i would choose a vette over almost any car because i have liked vettes since i was a kid.....but with that said...if i had too choose older muscle to build from teh ground up it would be a 69 Camaro...cause i like old muscle camaro's

If you can find me a 69 Camaro COPO, I'll sell my house for that fucker and live in it. But in the meantime, I'll take a C5 anyday of the week over any Camaro. :)

Fuck that. Id take a 4th Gen Dick Harrell Camaro over any Vette. Lol, really though if you havent looked at em, you should. Total built is like 32.

Finding a 69 COPO for sale/auction is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, can't imagine what trying to find one of those is like.

I don't know what your house is worth but I doubt it'll cover a COPO. but then again any random order that had to go through the central office is technically still a COPO no matter how desirable it is...
Id equally take a Tom Henry edition. And Id take a Berger ZL1 over the both.
Edit: A COPO goes up on Barret Jackson just about every year or too. The past 5-10 years muscle car sales have been blowing up and people are trying to cash in on the times. They're not too hard to find but good luck affording one.

Last edited:
Back