newb's Camaro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hard tops are the shit. Im glad mine is though not so uncommon in the third gens.

Lookin good man. Wish I had gotten a firebird!

Ya, my buddy has a 98 Firebird Formula that hes not exactly tryin to sell, but hed unload it for cheap. Its got a WS6 hood and full exhaust. Ive had my eye on it for a while, just cant bring myself to hand the cash over lol.

Another quick update. First off, pics.

The windshield. Damage came from the padded air bag cover. Its on a teather that just happens to be long enough to let the whole cover lay flat against the windshield when the bag deploys. No way to save the glass if the bags go off.
IMG_2426.jpg

Busted steering rack. Case came clear apart.
IMG_2427.jpg

K-member damage.
IMG_2429.jpg

I thought the drivers side LCA was toast, but the K-member was just worse than I thought. Either way, I already ordered a tubular K-member and LCA's. The shipment is all fucked up. UMI told me 1-3 days. Fedex says a week and a half, but thanks to the storms on the east coast the packages are behind schedule.

Got the dash outa the car and started workin with wires. Took all the air bag equipment out. And started to clean and rehang the dash harness, but I decided to plug my cluster back in and fire the car up to make sure I didnt have a christmas tree of warning lights. Unfortunatly, I did. Then it started snow ballin from there. My ABS warning light came on, all the lights started spazzin when I released the e-brake, the body control module/theft system started actin up, and now the BCM doesnt seem to recognize the chip in my key. I know that my battery has gone to shit, and that could be the cause of the ABS light and its a long shot but it might have somethin to do with the rest of my troubles. Gotta wait for the new week to get a new battery and then I can get a better feel for whats goin on.

Alright, more later.

Lol, right now its sittin in a yard about 15 minutes outta town, just collectin dust. Not listed for sale or anything. Its just waitin for me lol.

Lol, I dont think I knew that.

See the problem is, if you get the car that means I cant lol. I want a Formula so bad, with a T/A rear bumper and Firehawk hood.

Quick update. Lets start with an explanation. A BCM (Body Control Module) is like the brain for the integrated security system. It reads the chip in the key, controls the starter relay, windows, locks, trunk release, radio and some other odds and ends. I believe mine is bad.

Now to the update. I cant start my car, narrow down the problem to the BCM, so I remove it and take it to the dealership. They tell me that they cant do any kind of test on the part itself. They can only check its function through the OBD port. So I need to get the car to em. To bad I cant start it because the part they cant test is bad. Not only that, I couldnt move it anyways since the front end is tore apart. Even after I get it togather I still hafta trailer the car to em. I cant just buy a new one and try it because they hafta program it. Lol. Not to mention, its 300 bucks, and its electronic so theres no returning it. So, I cant do a damn thing until I get my suspension parts and even then I wont have a running car.

yea i know all about the bcm and the the pcm and the way that they tie together and work i deal with them all the time when i do manual to auto conversions on these new C6s

You ever just take em out? Im considering doing it, at a later date anyways.

Yessur! Im ordering the long tubes now. I wanted to last week, but I also wanted to make sure everything was in order before I spent needless money. So, with my little bit of play money I have left, Im thinkin an ABS delete is in order. We'll see tho.

Yessur! Im ordering the long tubes now. I wanted to last week, but I also wanted to make sure everything was in order before I spent needless money. So, with my little bit of play money I have left, Im thinkin an ABS delete is in order. We'll see tho.

i fucking hate ABS.

Back