newby... b18 build..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

converted84

Hey, Ive always been a v8 guy till recently the way gas prices are and im picking up a b18 out of an LS 94 integra.. looking to build it up as a quick daily driver that still gets upwards of 20-30 mpg.. gonna obviously boost it and run low boost for daily drivin and high for when the asswholes try to pull on me. Im most likely going to convert it to a vtec head and i was wondering what the best way to do that was? (i heard that drilling is obviously the best way to go) so i guess what im looking to find out is where should i start with the block? im probly gonna keep it a 1.8 or maybe up to a 2.0 and put some dart sleeves in it since im looking to run in the 12.s at high boost.. any suggestions at all for the build?

Lots and lots and lots of reading around the site and in the reference section. With a good build running "high boost," you could easily be deep in the 11s in a street driven car, maybe even better. I was running in the 12s all motor without setting up for drag racing, so a good turbocharged setup (seems like you're willing to spend the cash if you're talking about sleeves) can get you WAY faster.

Built correctly, you can still get over 30mpg on a gently driven modified B18/B20 AND 400whp or more.

Welcome to HondaSwap! :wave:

Back