newly acquired troubles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi everyone Just acquired a 95 hatch cx with a b7 block and pm3-13 head and she smokes like a chimney i know it burns a tad of oil and no coolant being burned but it will leave you in a smokescreen under easy throttle and I'm getting a really bad bogging at lower rpms and ill get a cel once it warms up. When its not bogging she doesn't blow that much smoke lol I'm going z6 with boost soon so I just want this thing to not choke people out will dailying lol please ask I fan answer any questions I can, thanks for any responses

Well I guess i'll be the first to ask.. what cel code is it throwing? What color is the smoke screen?

yeah what ecu do you have running this thing? could be really rich or bad rings, whats the smoke look and smell like?

replace the PCV valve. This is a common item to go, and it's $15 bucks at auto zone. Do that before you start ripping apart rings. lol

Well Ive already swapped in a z6 head and lessened the smoking must've been the valve seals and the only code I've ever gotten is code 1 for o2 and it still getting the stumble in the lower revs when its on I'm still running a po6 I'm not sure if it will still do it once I get the p28 so well find out then

replace your fuel filter too. easy part, may be a cause.

I figured out that the Ecu is looking for a 2 wire o2 and my car has already been wired for a 4 wire so hopefully thep28 will stop that from happening and I'm still running b7 wires so some little things before the Ecu lol

Allrite boys I've been trying to figure out my exact timing situation and I've got the cam and crank at tdc and my adjustable gear set 4.5 degrees advanced is this right or should it be retarded im thinking this might be the cause of my stumbling and now the car is idling at 2 to 3 grand I'm hoping just a vac leak not to fun onyour DD lol

Set timing to normal 16 degrees. Dont mess with the cam gears until all problems are gone.

Back