Newly swaped engine wont start.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prettyinpink

:confused: ok ok so everyones going to read this and think the obvious but all the obvious has been checked!

b18a (91 int ls) into 92 cx hatch... has good compression, spark, fuel, crank pulley itself turns w/ no problem, battery, alt, and starter good... ground good... but stil wont start, it just turns over but wont go all the way(its a strong, good sounding crank if that makes any difference)... anything stupid or something else that should be checked? i fell pretty stupid asking but i have asked professional shops and technicians and no one can figure it out.. any ideas please? i know it has to be something right in front of our face.. but we cant seem to figure it out. thank u muchly.

What is your fuel pressure?

Quoted post[/post]]
:confused: ok ok so everyones going to read this and think the obvious but all the obvious has been checked!

b18a (91 int ls) into 92 cx hatch... has good compression, spark, fuel, crank pulley itself turns w/ no problem, battery, alt, and starter good... ground good... but stil wont start, it just turns over but wont go all the way(its a strong, good sounding crank if that makes any difference)... anything stupid or something else that should be checked? i fell pretty stupid asking but i have asked professional shops and technicians and no one can figure it out.. any ideas please? i know it has to be something right in front of our face.. but we cant seem to figure it out. thank u muchly.

Is it getting spark? Fuel?

Make sure you're getting fuel to the fuel rail, and check to see if you're getting spark. If you aren't getting fuel it's either a dead main relay, bad ECU, or a ground. If you aren't getting spark, check your plugs, plug wires, and if everything checks out, get another distributor.

:withstupid: That's an OBD0 motor that you swapped into an OBD1 car. Make sure you have the right ECU, and see if your distributor is working properly.

Back