next buy for the condo--- a new bed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What a normal room would look like...the bed folds up and goes in the cubards, and the other things to make the room a multifunction room is also stored in them....like tables, small chairs, and my favorite...the kotatsu(table with a blanket and a heating unit under it.)

h-tatami-2.jpg

kotatsu.jpg

Pc300012.jpg

http://amychavez.addr.com/news/kotatsu/

and the onsen...This is definately in the plans...maybe in the spring I can start building it.

onsen%20utiyu.jpg

B...I bought a new mattress and boxspring, with a bed frame that cost me $25, two sets of pillows, and a sheet set for $650 from Sam's Club...Pillow top Serta, metal bed frame, and 2 "twin packs" of pillows for less than $800 is hard to find...you should look at the stuff they have in the Berlin Sam's Club...it's not too far from you, and you might see other stuff you like

Bah.. Skimp on the frame.. go all out one the matress..

I have to sleep during the day cause of my job and let me tell you a good matress can mean the difference between thinking clearly and being retarded all day.. A new matress is my next purchase.. I still don't even have a frame but this old queen matress must go!

Rooms with Kotatsu's in them are usually bare because it's easier to find the extinguisher and put out the fire.

Brilliant idea people.

Your typical Japanese bath has an area outside of the tub where you hose yourself off, then you jump in the tub and soak. the water is about 3000 degrees. Then, you get out, soap yourself up, rinse off and jump in again. You do this because everyone else that lives there uses that same water and it's rude to get soap in it. Yes, superior living. Taking a shit occurs in another, far more evil room where the floors are so dirty that a different pair of shoes is suggested, and for some shitholes, required. In this room you'll find a porcelain (If you're lucky) hole in the floor. You take one leg out of your pants, swing them to the side and squat over it. Any shit that happens to spray out outside of the effective kill zone is then washed off with a hose and nozzle located on the wall. The slippers are returned for someone else to use.

Nice, real nice.

Back