Next step with the 92 civic project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
OK.. I got my civic out of the shop, the "frame" is nice and straight. I had them weld in my new core support. Might as well have it done professionally, since it was in the shop anyway.

Well, I got it home tonight and started pulling crap out of boxes.. It was like christmas. My new gauge cluster w/tach :).. Bumper support, little plastic end pieces to it, I even got a new styrofoam piece to complete the new front end. And, my wonderful, new one piece projector headlights.

So, I'm happily bolting all this stuff up.. got the bumper support and paraphanilia bolted up, got the new bumper cover on, attatched it to the fenders, and whipped out the first head light.. ah shit.. I can't get these one piece head lights in there with the damned bumper cover on.... Removed the bumper cover. Slipped in the first headlight, wired in the "halos" Yeah, they have ghey halos, so the frick what. they look pimp anyway.

Anyway, I wire it all up, slide that baby into place, and turn on the lights, just to get a peek. Of course, the marker light bulb is exposed, so I'll have to go to the store in the morning and pick up an amber colored bulb.. damn, cant finish.

Wait...

WTF??

NO WAY.

What in the holy hell were these people thinking???

If you have one piece headlights in a 92-95 hatch, you have to pull the entire fucking bumper cover off to changed the damed turn signal/marker bulbs...

Seriously. That is the stupidest shit I've seen in a long time.

So, I have to try to hunt down some LED marker bulbs, at least they'll last 100k hours.. Maybe I'll have the freaking thing done and sold by then. let the next bastard deal with changing the lights.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Sep 17 2005, 09:01 AM-->
@Sep 17 2005, 01:16 AM
:kewlpics:
[post=555803]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah dude, show us your new found treasure.
[post=555846]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah yeah, pics will be up sooner or later.

Got the front end all bolted up, new halo projector headlights, everything else is stock. Its amazing how much it changed the look of the car.. I've got to get those pics up.

Now I have to go pull the dash to change the radio bezel.

Yes, you have to pull the entire freaking dash to change out the radio bezel.. Massive oversight on honda's part. ah well, I suppose they didn't think of thieves breaking into cars and being too damned stupid to pull a stereo without wrecking a dash.

This project needs a name. I'm going to nick name it "The Phantom Project".. being that it is the color phantom gray... It should be "project got ripped a new one"

Back