Next Upgrade?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude9593

I am currently pondering what I should do next. I have basic bolt-ons and have advanced the timing on my Prelude. I would like to keep the internals stock and keep it reliable but I would like to squeeze a little more power out of her. I don't know if I should upgrade the ECU or not. I've also been looking at getting a new throttle body and intake manifold but I don't know where a good place to look for those is. It is hard to find stuff like that for the H23 motors. I've seen some OBX I/M on ebay for $175 but for that price, it raises questions about quality. Also, what size throttle body should I go with. I was thinking maybe 64-66MM. Sorry this was long but thanks for your opinions.

Go with a 70mm TB and don't waste your money on a intake manifold unless you are going turbo. Some mild cams with springs and retainers would be your best bet after your basic Intake/Header/Exhaust.

id get a Skunk2 intake mani.. and then hit up the cams... IF, you have a full exhaust and intake coverd already...

look into your gearing, I am not sure what the gearing of the H23 vs. the H22 is but you might want to look into that,

also not sure if this helps but have you considered getting a Jspec H22 or uspec H22, your mounts work, shiftlinkage, and axles...I am sure it would be pretty much a drop in and some minor wiring..

Thanks for the response. I have thought about maybe dropping a JDM H22 in there but right now I don't need to spend that kind of $ cuz I'm 19 and have a 7 month baby girl but that's a possibility down the road. About the TB, wouldn't 70MM be a little big for a NA application? I would think that would be better for forced induction. Also, would a high-flow cat be worthwhile? I have headers and cat-back exhaust. How big a gain should I expect? I wouldn't think it would be too noticeable. Oh yeah, the gearing of the H23 and H22 are pretty similar. The H23 is a little bit longer but nothing noticeable if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think it's that big. I think it is 60mm. So 66-68 would probably be a good size.

HMT.

nuff siad

save yer money

that'd be bad ass

h23 w/ turbo.

lol

if your 19 and expecting a daughter, your next mod should be a mini van.

seriously though, cams would probably be your best bet, i dont think your going to notice much gains with a bigger T/B

Back