1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NGK Iridiums????

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by B16RacerN2NR, Mar 6, 2004.

1. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

I saw the ad in the new super street. anyone know how these NGK one's are suppossed to be compared to the Denso Iridiums. I "heard" that Denso and NGK have some sort of partnership. i do not know if that is true in anyway but i never had luck in using denso plugs and i've always stuck to NGK. anyone think iridiums are worth the $?

2. arpee79

arpee79 Senior Member

Arent IRIDIUMS spark plugs to last longer and not as a more power plug??,correct me if im wrong.

3. handlebarsfsr

handlebarsfsr Senior Member

aftermarket ignition is absolutely worthless, unless you are detonating. if the stock stuff is still good, there is nothing to gain from different plugs, wires, caps, etc. eric aguliars 9 sec all motor civic runs a completely stock honda ignition system. if there was anything to gain from ignition, im sure he would be using it. he doesnt.

4. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

On turbo apps, people have seen some large gains. On alot of the tests, they show how a DSM, a s13, and a few other engines had very large gains by using these plugs, but I have yet to see any dyno plots from NA aplicatons.

5. arpee79

arpee79 Senior Member

Hmmz i guess I'll give them a try and see whats the big deal.

6. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

:werd: to the leave your ignition systems alone.

Honda does it right from the factory, Sumitumo wires, and NGK plugs. you really dont have a need to replace any of it unless it breaks or it gets really really old.

just my .02

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted