NGK Iridiums????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
I saw the ad in the new super street. anyone know how these NGK one's are suppossed to be compared to the Denso Iridiums. I "heard" that Denso and NGK have some sort of partnership. i do not know if that is true in anyway but i never had luck in using denso plugs and i've always stuck to NGK. anyone think iridiums are worth the $?

Arent IRIDIUMS spark plugs to last longer and not as a more power plug??,correct me if im wrong.

aftermarket ignition is absolutely worthless, unless you are detonating. if the stock stuff is still good, there is nothing to gain from different plugs, wires, caps, etc. eric aguliars 9 sec all motor civic runs a completely stock honda ignition system. if there was anything to gain from ignition, im sure he would be using it. he doesnt.

Originally posted by arpee79@Mar 7 2004, 12:55 AM
Arent IRIDIUMS spark plugs to last longer and not as a more power plug??,correct me if im wrong.

On turbo apps, people have seen some large gains. On alot of the tests, they show how a DSM, a s13, and a few other engines had very large gains by using these plugs, but I have yet to see any dyno plots from NA aplicatons.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 7 2004, 09:27 AM
On turbo apps, people have seen some large gains. On alot of the tests, they show how a DSM, a s13, and a few other engines had very large gains by using these plugs, but I have yet to see any dyno plots from NA aplicatons.

Hmmz i guess I'll give them a try and see whats the big deal.

:werd: to the leave your ignition systems alone.

Honda does it right from the factory, Sumitumo wires, and NGK plugs. you really dont have a need to replace any of it unless it breaks or it gets really really old.

just my .02

Back