NH Run...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Who all is going to hit up the slides?

ON a side note: This meet is the one that I look forward to all year long as it always brings in a crowd, we get to see faces that not a lot of people see all the time...

Thoughts?

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 26 2003, 11:49 AM
Who all is going to hit up the slides?

ON a side note: This meet is the one that I look forward to all year long as it always brings in a crowd, we get to see faces that not a lot of people see all the time...

Thoughts?

You know I am hitting the alpine slides. I also have my friends Steve, jeff and matt who are coming who is goping to do it. Noah already said he was in to slide em down. I believe Darcy said he wanted to try and ram Noah from behind (not in a sexual way mind you), and I believe Chris and matt said they would try it.....

I'm definitly going on the slide. Last year when I was up there I watched an employee go down the track and learned a trick to go REALLY fast...like flying off the banks fast. So I'm definitly down, and you're going to have to catch me before you can hit me :p

my buddy steve will catch you, or fly off the track tryin...... :D

Has anyone gone to MT. Tom Alpine slides back in the day? Those were the bomb as well! To bad they closed :(

Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 26 2003, 07:49 AM
Thoughts?

What about adding underneath the title of your AutoX sticky... "and other upcoming local events" and post the NH Run in it with a link to Bill's thread in the other forum. Just a suggestion.

I will definitely be hitting the slide. I've been going on that slide since before I was tall enough to go alone. You guys will have to watch and learn how it's really done. :D

Actually, there is a much better one (over a mile!) on Mt. Pico in VT. VT run anyone? ;)

since i found out the drift event is on saturday.... and there is autocross on sunday... i must say im going to attend those festivities. :(

guys... Your gonna hate me... I just realized... I'm workin 3rd shift, and doubt i'll make it... :( We'll see though...

What are the alpine slides? :blink:

Anyway, can't wait for this Saturday, the first meet of the summer I will be able to attend w00t!!

Alpine slide:

concrete chasm running down the side of the mountain reminiscant of a bobsled track, that one would ride down on a plastic sled with wheels, sitting upright and hittinng speeds of 25-30 MPH.....

fun for all, as long as you don't fall off........francios, you gotta do it, its a blast.....

and that they NEED to use brakes at some point..... ask my buddy steve who was covered in black rubber and road rash after he fell off....

although it certainly bites to get tossed off the track, it certainly is entertaining for the guy behind you that gets to watch someone go flying off the track like a matchbox car.

Yeah it is...ask Chris what it was like to see Noah go flyin off of his. He complained about road rash on his ass for weeks, and then used to give Chris a ration of shit ill he moved to Cali......

lol, I can just picture it, noah flying through the air screaming AHHHHHHHHH. Is that the same time that chris was rear-ending him? LOL - fun times

I think I'm going to bring a longsleeve sweatshirt to wear for some protection. Bare skin + fine concrete + speed = nasty burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back