Nice List Of New Vehicles' 1/4 Mile Times

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Note: the Infiniti FX45 (mid-size SUV) does the 1/4 mile in 14.86! that is faster than the 2002 JDM Integra (RSX) Type R!! its also neck and neck with the 2000 porsche boxster and lexus sc430 coupe!

click here:
0-1320 ft. (1/4 mile) stock times

Originally posted by karnash@Jun 9 2003, 09:59 PM
can someone explain to me why they made the new honda civic si SLOWER
than its coupe predesessor?

"i-VTEC" <------------ that's why

my brother just bought one about 2 months ago..ran it last friday at Englishtown..he ran a 15.9..with just a AEM CAI..so there not that much slower..coupe Si's aint fast..15.7-15.8 stock?

14.86 isn't all that fast. My car will out run that by the end of summer with just bolt ons.

Originally posted by JrSiRb16A@Jun 10 2003, 07:46 AM
..coupe Si's aint fast..15.7-15.8 stock?

My buddy, ran a 15.3 w/ only ram intake. Driver=everything!

Posted on Jun 10 2003, 01:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stock cars in general really aren't all that fast

depends on what car your talkin about..theres a shit load of cars that fast stock..

One is "intelligent" and the other isn't. I believe it's so that VTEC doesnt' kick in at a given RPM, but whenever it's more suitable for the engine in getting best gas mileage or something.

Originally posted by Prowler@Jun 10 2003, 07:06 PM
One is "intelligent" and the other isn't. I believe it's so that VTEC doesnt' kick in at a given RPM, but whenever it's more suitable for the engine in getting best gas mileage or something.

Basically, B vtec is for power K vtec is for gas. They shoulda kept the B Series.

Back