nickelback repeat themselves

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Repetiveness is the reason bands lose their popularity.
People are slow to catch on to the rehash shit, but they stop buying the records like they used to. Bands and record labels know this so they have to find someone to blame for the shitty music. We know who they blame.

The intardnet.

All I know is "Figured you out" has gotten way too much fucking airtime and I'm sick of that song.

You can't make someone like a song. It is simple pop music. I don't listen to songs because everyone else does. Music is mass produced and people decide what they like. The fact that bands like Nickelback are popular doesn't mean that someone is told to like them. Fact is, without knowing their name I heard their song on the radio, and liked it. I found out who sang that song later, period. If you are playing to create great music, and not popularity, then hooray for you. Just don't expect everyone to like what you do.

Kinda reminds me of a mom with the ugliest kid you've ever seen. She thinks that kid is adorable, but EVERYONE else knows that is not the case.

Listen to Beethoven, Mozart, and some other real musicians if you don't want repetitive. POP music is just a beat of four, over and over.

but you CAN make ppl like a song....happens all the time. the reason ppl listen to that shit is cuz its all thats available to the masses....if you listen to it enough, over time, it creates an acquired taste. its a trend. people listen because its told to them that this is what popular ppl listen to, and youll be popular too, if you listen to it. some people truly like some of these bands. and thats fine. but i think that the music industry needs to stop force feeding the public at large. did you know that the labels pay the stations to play what they are pushing? most radio stations do not, will not, and cannot play local music. because the majors are shoving money in the stations g string to get their artists played, and they wont pay them the big bux anymore if they find out that unsigned artists are getting the hand job for free. so the station plays what they are payed to play, and thats all ppl get to hear. this leads to an industry that creates its own popularity. my band cannot get on the local radio (we are on college radio) because we arent signed and repped by a label. they didnt listen to it, and they said listening to it wouldnt matter. the only time you hear local music on the radio is when its a battle of the bands contest winner (one time), or a local music program for one hour a week. thats because they are sponsored and the station gets its cut. in order to get on the local station, my band, or any other unsigned act, would have to buy commercial time. $$$$$$$$!

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*edit* beethoven and mozart are bad ass! the old school pimps

Back