Nicole's "88/'89/'90 CRX build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Interesting, since the two SOHC ZCs that I have had did NOT have VTEC. HMotors hasn't ever listed a VTEC SOHC ZC since I started hitting their page about 8-9 years ago either.

See- that's what I was thinking, but didn't want to just state a fact that I wasn't sure was true. I have read in some places about sohc that did have vtec, and some places say they don't at all... As far as the local Honda people around here that I have talked to- they have never heard of one having it. Hmm...

See- that's what I was thinking, but didn't want to just state a fact that I wasn't sure was true. I have read in some places about sohc that did have vtec, and some places say they don't at all... As far as the local Honda people around here that I have talked to- they have never heard of one having it. Hmm...

Yup. :shrug2:

Every single OBD1 ZC I've ever seen for sale was a SOHC ZC non-VTEC, just like the D16A6. Honda didn't put VTEC into the D blocks before the OBD1 era either... so no ZC VTEC. Not until someone can show me one.

Yup. :shrug2:

Every single OBD1 ZC I've ever seen for sale was a SOHC ZC non-VTEC, just like the D16A6. Honda didn't put VTEC into the D blocks before the OBD1 era either... so no ZC VTEC. Not until someone can show me one.

A picture's worth a thousand words...

New progress :D

10/23/10
Got the brake booster done

About half way through the wire tuck:

That's my husband working on the wiring.

I had planned on having the whole car ready for primer Saturday, but the bumpers were peeling and in such bad shape, it took me almost all day to get them ready.
I also got the washer nozzle holes and the old hood pin holes fiberglassed in.

The hood is pretty crazy looking right now- it's got about 4 different colors of paint on it- I was using it as a test panel when I painted some other cars lol.
Ran out of daylight Saturday, and was going to spray primer Sunday, but it rained all day. :(
Also got the radiator and fan we needed. :)

Last edited:
I love what you did with the master cylinder and cant wait to see this builld done! I love seeing bad ass chick cars :D

I want to do one for my wife as well. If only i could get her outta her f**kn taurus :puke:

I love what you did with the master cylinder and cant wait to see this builld done! I love seeing bad ass chick cars :D

I want to do one for my wife as well. If only i could get her outta her f**kn taurus :puke:

:D Thanks.

Yeah my husband has been awesome about the "chick car" part of it. He is 100% anti pink anything and has been pointing out details he thinks would look good painted pink. It's really been fun (so far lol)
Taurus? Yeah- you really need to work on that one lol.

Thanks for the bump! Your thread is amazing. Keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing this progress more!

LOL

Hey you never know... those people that designed and built something could have snuck a couple in there somewhere...

Speaking of those people that built and designed... I have an issue that is really stumping me. The bracket that holds the fuel filter on... We have looked at 7 different CRX's, and 3 EF's, and not one has the same bracket... Any ideas from anyone on this?

Back