NIN album

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

Trent Reznor is releasing NIN's first full-length studio album in like, five or six years this March. I'm pretty excited, naturally, because Nine Inch Nails is some of my favorite music. The album is going to be called "With Teeth" and is Halo 19 in Trent's "halo" designation for his albums.

Rejoice! Bitches...

Hopefully it is like NIN's good ol stuff, not that crap that pushed me away from them.

I had an import double set that you had to purchase in two pieces. "Closer to God" and "Further Away" were the names I believe and the two cases connected together.

Wait a minute, you never liked "The Fragile"??? Holy shit, that's like my favorite halo from a musical standpoint. It's awesome and I personally think it's Trent's best as far as music goes.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Jan 24 2005, 12:19 AM
Wait a minute, you never liked "The Fragile"??? Holy shit, that's like my favorite halo from a musical standpoint. It's awesome and I personally think it's Trent's best as far as music goes.
[post=450403]Quoted post[/post]​

I dunno what happened with The Fragile. Trent's style changed... I mean how do you go from 'Slave screams, being beaten to submission' to 'We're in this together now'? Did he stop drinking vodka?

Older NIN is dark, holding a perfect balance on the fence between alternative and industrial. The Fragile fell off that fence, unfortunately landing on the alternative side.

Of course that's just me.

It will be interesting to see what this album will be like. I wonder when the first single will be hitting the radio.

I wouldn't call the Fragile alternative at all. I really don't think it can be categorized, aside from industrial. Sure, there are a few piano tracks and such, but coming from a musician's standpoint I find it to be very enjoyable. But, I also can understand the frustration of waiting five years for another album like The Downward Spiral and then getting... the Fragile. Just a very different album. But, TDS was also very different from Pretty Hate Machine and Broken. I enjoy all of his music simply because of the fact that no matter what music he plays, it always sounds amazing because of his engineering and mixing prowess.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Jan 24 2005, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't call the Fragile alternative at all. I really don't think it can be categorized, aside from industrial. Sure, there are a few piano tracks and such, but coming from a musician's standpoint I find it to be very enjoyable. But, I also can understand the frustration of waiting five years for another album like The Downward Spiral and then getting... the Fragile. Just a very different album. But, TDS was also very different from Pretty Hate Machine and Broken. I enjoy all of his music simply because of the fact that no matter what music he plays, it always sounds amazing because of his engineering and mixing prowess.
[post=450701]Quoted post[/post]​

Industrial? Surely not.

Front Line Assembly, Fear Factory, Xymox, Pygmy Children... that's industrial. The Fragile? No.

I understand where you're coming from, but there are definitely a lot of tracks on the Fragile that qualify, Somewhat Damaged, Into the Void, No You Don't, lots of songs with that familiar NIN industrial grind. But, then again we also have La Mer and We're In This Together, which I think are amazingly well-written songs. My point is that you really can't label the Fragile as a certain genre because it is really unique. It definitely isn't alternative, that's for sure. Alternative is like fucking Pearl Jam and Nickelback and crap like that. Anycrap, I'm looking forward to With Teeth. Just to see what the hell Trent can get psychotic with this time around. :)

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Jan 24 2005, 06:07 PM
I understand where you're coming from, but there are definitely a lot of tracks on the Fragile that qualify, Somewhat Damaged, Into the Void, No You Don't, lots of songs with that familiar NIN industrial grind. But, then again we also have La Mer and We're In This Together, which I think are amazingly well-written songs. My point is that you really can't label the Fragile as a certain genre because it is really unique. It definitely isn't alternative, that's for sure. Alternative is like fucking Pearl Jam and Nickelback and crap like that. Anycrap, I'm looking forward to With Teeth. Just to see what the hell Trent can get psychotic with this time around. :)
[post=450713]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll see what Trent can do this time around. Maybe he can give us a reason to listen to the radio again.

As for groups that cannot be defined in a genre... Orbital. B)

Haha, Orbital is definitely "out there" as far as a definiton goes.

I can categorize them...

"Drug Induced Hallucination"

:p

I dunno, Orbital kinda reminds me of Astral Projection.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Jan 24 2005, 07:12 PM

As for groups that cannot be defined in a genre... Orbital. B)
[post=450715]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll have to add Lords of Acid to that.

Back