Ninja Fuel!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks. Maybe next time I drop her tank, I'll look into it.

As I was bolting it back up I had a little brain shower. Since the problem is worse when headed downhill, maybe it's just the position of the tank?

So, I've done about everything I can to make the ass of the tank (w/ the pump) sit lower than the front. We'll see if that gets rid of pesky ninjas. It's such a simple solution that I bet it will. My test drive will last at least four hours, so that should be plenty of time to see whether I get to 160 or 300 before hitting up a gas station.

c-ninja.jpg

Now, that's just not right!

edit
The test drive lasted all of ten minutes. Just long enough to see the ninjas are still in there and get to the gas station. Maybe this is why:
enterthedubya.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I've been asking around...pretty much everybody I know & anybody I run into that has any automotive knowledge....and no one has ever heard of anything like this. I've gotten used to it, but it's still a pain in the ass.

Also, last time I had the tank dropped I hit power to help troubleshoot the pump & whatnot. The tank was hanging at a pretty good aft angle, so the rear 1/2 of the tank was actually full...& then the guage went up to full. So, I guess the pump senses the fuel level & sends it to the guage, but I'm not sure how that works.

647114577_l.jpg

I know in my jaguar when you only have a quarter of a tank or less it doesn't get enough fuel when you turn or brake hard then accelerate. Thats a loose hose off the fuel pump though. The fuel sloshes back over and gets sucked up.

Ur shit is strange.

That's pretty much what it acts like, except there's a 1/2 tank remaing & there's no hose on the pump.

My shit is strange. Strange like throwingstarofdavid.

ninewshurk.jpg

maybe you could try putting a gas can in the trunk and running it till it's out of gas. if it runs well past empty then it'd be a good guess that the gauge is faulty if not it'd almost have to be the tank, or pump/sender.

sorry no ninja pics to post at this time

It doesn't. She gets to ~maybe~ 1/4 tank on the guage & starts to stall coming to a stop or headed downhill.

The inside of the tank looks minty fresh...& the pump is brand new from NAPA....

pocketninj_a.jpg
pocketninj_a.jpg
pocketninj_a.jpg
pocketninj_a.jpg
pocketninj_a.jpg
pocketninj_a.jpg

So is there actually a problem with your fuel system humble, or is this thread just an excuse for you to post as many random ninja pictures as possible? :D

My contribution:
ninjacat28ov.jpg

ORLY-ninja.jpg

steven780
There is no float.

BrutalB83
Yes. & yes....
I figure if I can't get the fuel thing figured out, at least I'll have a little fun in the meantime....

LEGO my ninja.
16_hattori_hanzou.jpg

Last edited:
Back